Which mountain ski you running?

Motomonks

Reaction score
hey guys,
14' m8000 162 sno pro

just wondering what you guys are running for mtn ski's. most of my riding is more less boon docking, trees, side hills, trying to find small jumps and drops ect, nothing crazy but each ride i get a little more brave haha. but I'm finding the front end really dives especially on landings. I've read a few times that arctic cat has crap for mtn skis, starting to believe it. just wondering what brands you guys are running and how you like them. Also prices and where you got them/ordered them from.

should i go 8 wide? any input is greatly appreciated. thanks

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my dad are running slydog and they are so much better on and off trail. They make the front float so much better in the deep.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Gripper skis from a Polaris on mine. They work well since they are wider they float better and the keel is deeper too. So far they haven't affected my engine reliability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris grippers om my 1100T, 7" Slydogs on the M800. Prefer the Grippers

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP Mohawks. 7 1/2" wide, they kinda look like the gripper skiis.

:D

Attachments

• IMG_2033 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2033 (Large).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 297

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just need to buy the longer bolts. On mine I used the Cat ski rubbers and I modified the ski by grinding of the plastic under the rubber so it sat flat. Also cut a couple of the rubber nubs off each ski rubber. I didn't try the polaris ski rubbers but if they fit the spindle shape that may have been an easier route to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

northof40

Reaction score
Im on my third season with powder pros and i love them. Little hard steering at slow speeds on hard packed snow... but any with a deep keel will be.

snowbuster

Reaction score
I am running a set of Mods skis I had on my 2010 cat. Anything is better than the stockers from 2012 and up. Baffles me how Arctic cat can''t make a mtn. ski.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running Simmons gen1. So Far I like em better than the slydogs I had last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa-junk.

cheifcat44

Reaction score
I've been running the SLP Powder Pro's on my machine which is identical to yours. Love them! Don't dart on the trails, don't dive when landing, lighter and look better too as a plus. Made the machine totally different - in a good way!

Top Bottom