Which, In Your Opinion, is the best truck?

Richadge

Reaction score
Any half ton that can carry two sleds on a deck with 5- 6 guys and all their gear while pulling a 32 ft fully loaded enclosed trailer :smilieicon_ford::ramsfan_small::chevy:gets my vote!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Ok so I have opened the proverbial "can of worms"!! I think everyone knows my personal biased. And if you don't, just take a quick look at my handle!;)

At any rate, I have read through threads on here and see all the time the age old argument of "this truck is better than that truck"...now most of it stems from personal preference, and some stems from economics. I did search for thread dedicated to this but it either isn't here....which surprises me a bit....or I can't find it! LOL

Sooooo here we go,....Go ahead let the mud slinging and BULLSH!T start....LOL

This of course is not limited to any brand, make, model even the (cough) ridgeline!

:confused:.... Why would U start chit like this ??? :d:beer:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, Ill get the ball rolling since the rest of you are to much of a candy ass to post the real answer.

The best truck hands down is a Peterbilt.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...yep what I expected was a good laugh!!
BTW, Sorry I am not looking for advice on what truck I shall buy next, as some comments were aimed at that! I have no problems picking out a truck, that will fit my needs at this time, in the price point I am looking at.

TEX: Bought the Chevy as a last minute purchase last year....she was a good truck, but had to sell it cause I want either a crew cab:d or extended cab (hoping for a long box but probably gonna have to settle on a dam short box:rant:) for all the crap I haul around when camping....for the most part it sits until it has to pull the trailer and or haul the quad.

Oh and A Ford Freakin Ranger....?????:nono:

I have worked on many Titans....P.O.S. IMO Sorry! I know the truth will hurt but you probably have gotten used to the ridicule by now!! hahaha:d

IMO, the best truck is any old 12 valve powered dodge with the 5 speed manual cc, lb, simple bare bones, outpull and outhaul anything when set up properly and get better mileage loaded down than the competition does empty! Would love one but as I will be financing my next truck, most likely, most financing companies won't touch a truck that old.

Back on point, as I said, not looking for advise just opinions!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
OK, Ill get the ball rolling since the rest of you are to much of a candy ass to post the real answer.

The best truck hands down is a Peterbilt.

So this Kenworth is a POS?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311469606614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311469606614.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 178

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
not looking for an arguement but just wondering what makes them a POS....170k with 0 issues becides wear and tear is pretty good imo. and nearly everyone i know who has driven my truck has had nothing but good things to say...my mechanic services a few and says he rarely sees any with mayjor issues......that said just wondering what aspects from working on them you found to be poor

Hahaha...yep what I expected was a good laugh!!
BTW, Sorry I am not looking for advice on what truck I shall buy next, as some comments were aimed at that! I have no problems picking out a truck, that will fit my needs at this time, in the price point I am looking at.

TEX: Bought the Chevy as a last minute purchase last year....she was a good truck, but had to sell it cause I want either a crew cab:d or extended cab (hoping for a long box but probably gonna have to settle on a dam short box:rant:) for all the crap I haul around when camping....for the most part it sits until it has to pull the trailer and or haul the quad.

Oh and A Ford Freakin Ranger....?????:nono:

I have worked on many Titans....P.O.S. IMO Sorry! I know the truth will hurt but you probably have gotten used to the ridicule by now!! hahaha:d

IMO, the best truck is any old 12 valve powered dodge with the 5 speed manual cc, lb, simple bare bones, outpull and outhaul anything when set up properly and get better mileage loaded down than the competition does empty! Would love one but as I will be financing my next truck, most likely, most financing companies won't touch a truck that old.

Back on point, as I said, not looking for advise just opinions!!

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not looking for an arguement but just wondering what makes them a POS....170k with 0 issues becides wear and tear is pretty good imo. and nearly everyone i know who has driven my truck has had nothing but good things to say...my mechanic services a few and says he rarely sees any with mayjor issues......that said just wondering what aspects from working on them you found to be poor

Was just pokin fun, and not lookin for an argument either!:)
I have heard from the owners that, as you have said they like wheel bearings...kinda like the older dodges and fords, lol. The biggest problem I have heard from owners was about half of them told me that they had to put new motors in (not covered under warranty) because of a small coolant line that ruptures apparently while driving and obviously drains the coolant and thus bye bye motor. A few said they have taken out Diffs, but I attribute that to poor or NO maintenance NOT a fault of the truck! A few personal reasons, the size of the oil filter...lol...when you show the PUNY size of the oil filter to the owners they usually just laugh and say "Yeah right, that CAN'T be the filter that goes on MY truck":nono: I mean come on the filter my quad uses is twice as big as that....and it's a single cylinder!! Then the miserable MPG, Ok it's a truck...and yeah ya don't buy a truck for fuel economy, but a half ton getting less than 18MPG in 2011 is sad, considering most of the Titans run a fairly fuel friendly 3.23 gear ratio?!?!? Apparently you have had good luck with yours and thats cool, it's just not my kind of truck! HOWEVER if this new Cummins diesel comes out in the Titan I may have to rethink my idea....:rolleyes:

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Pilo & Tex. I said my Ford Ranger FX4 4x4.

It the exact truck I wanted. It fits my needs perfectly.
There were some options I wanted that just aren't available in any Ranger.
But that's not a huge concern.

I don't want a crew cab cause I don't want to be asked for a ride home from anyone.
I don't need a long box, at this point.
With a small normal sized lift, my truck is just as capable in the mud as anyone else's who isn't scared to put their rig in the mud.
I don't have a sled or a lawn tractor or a SxS or a boat to tow. So I don't need anything bigger.
It's capable of dragging a 2540kg trailer.

So for now. This is the BEST TRUCK for me.

Oh also being 60 GRAND in debt wasn't a thought that was going to get me wet.

Last edited:

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't want a crew cab cause I don't want to be asked for a ride home from anyone.
With a small normal sized lift, my truck is just as capable in the mud as anyone else's who isn't scared to put their rig in the mud.
I don't have a sled or a lawn tractor or a SxS or a boat to tow. So I don't need anything bigger.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Oh also being 60 GRAND in debt wasn't a thought that was going to get me wet.

x2 just to show he's serious.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just pokin fun, and not lookin for an argument either!:)
I have heard from the owners that, as you have said they like wheel bearings...kinda like the older dodges and fords, lol. The biggest problem I have heard from owners was about half of them told me that they had to put new motors in (not covered under warranty) because of a small coolant line that ruptures apparently while driving and obviously drains the coolant and thus bye bye motor. A few said they have taken out Diffs, but I attribute that to poor or NO maintenance NOT a fault of the truck! A few personal reasons, the size of the oil filter...lol...when you show the PUNY size of the oil filter to the owners they usually just laugh and say "Yeah right, that CAN'T be the filter that goes on MY truck":nono: I mean come on the filter my quad uses is twice as big as that....and it's a single cylinder!! Then the miserable MPG, Ok it's a truck...and yeah ya don't buy a truck for fuel economy, but a half ton getting less than 18MPG in 2011 is sad, considering most of the Titans run a fairly fuel friendly 3.23 gear ratio?!?!? Apparently you have had good luck with yours and thats cool, it's just not my kind of truck! HOWEVER if this new Cummins diesel comes out in the Titan I may have to rethink my idea....:rolleyes:

I'm on side with Plio7. My Titan has been stellar! Every truck will need a little something at some point, but my Titan has needed very little and treated me extremely well. Spend lots of time on the Titan forums and everyone seems extremely pleased with their rides. Never heard or read about an engine going out. On the contrary, it's strong and takes very well to simple modifications. As for gas mileage many can get better than posted, problem is all that damn torque and how fun it is to mash the pedal. Keep the heavy foot off the pedal and mielage is no better or worse than most trucks. For around $1500 you can do a few simple things to the Titan to make it a monster beyond what it already is, with improved gas mileage. I'd tell you those secrets, but I like having the fastest Titan in town. Most guys will spend more on lifts kits, mud flaps, and big tires, only to get worse mileage. It's all relative.

I have owned a newer Dodge and liked the highway ride. It was a pleasure to drive, but had it's short comings. Have also owned a Ford and although I liked it, I have felt that previous Fords seemed to feel cheap to me.

Used to be that I traded vehicles every couple years looking for something better. I have had my Titan for a few years now and plan on keeping it for a few more. Would agree though........if Nissan ever gets that diesel model out, I will DEFINITELY be trading up.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own 2 Fords, a King Ranch 150 and a Ranger Level 2. Both have been good to me. The Ranger is an 07 and has had no problems from new other than poor fuel mileage. My King is an 05 and I have had to do spark plugs and an exhaust manifold in 153 K. I did both those repairs myself and it wasn't much fun. I enjoy driving both trucks. I only pull one sled on a single trailer,so I don't need a bigger truck.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on side with Plio7. My Titan has been stellar! Every truck will need a little something at some point, but my Titan has needed very little and treated me extremely well. Spend lots of time on the Titan forums and everyone seems extremely pleased with their rides. Never heard or read about an engine going out. On the contrary, it's strong and takes very well to simple modifications. As for gas mileage many can get better than posted, problem is all that damn torque and how fun it is to mash the pedal. Keep the heavy foot off the pedal and mielage is no better or worse than most trucks. For around $1500 you can do a few simple things to the Titan to make it a monster beyond what it already is, with improved gas mileage. I'd tell you those secrets, but I like having the fastest Titan in town. Most guys will spend more on lifts kits, mud flaps, and big tires, only to get worse mileage. It's all relative.

I have owned a newer Dodge and liked the highway ride. It was a pleasure to drive, but had it's short comings. Have also owned a Ford and although I liked it, I have felt that previous Fords seemed to feel cheap to me.

Used to be that I traded vehicles every couple years looking for something better. I have had my Titan for a few years now and plan on keeping it for a few more. Would agree though........if Nissan ever gets that diesel model out, I will DEFINITELY be trading up.

I am just repeating what owners have said to me about blowing out their motors. IDK, as the years grow on me I am becoming less and less brand loyal...Still like my Dodge HD's because it has the cummins.
What really sold me on Dodge oh so many years ago was my first car, a Kcar 4 door base bare bones with a 2.2L I-4 3 speed auto. Beat the livin crap outta that car for 4 years and never once left me on the side of the road. Drove it to the Yukon 3 times. And the only thing that car got was the odd oil change...LOL Then bought a '98 Dakota rc/lb V6 5 speed manual, again bare bones had that truck for 3 years and after 160,000kms it had seen the doctor all of 2 times. Once for a TPS (warranty), and the second was a O2 sensor. (had removed the cat) Again never left me on the side of the road. But have had GM's too and they have been pretty damned good for the price I paid.

Every vehicle has it's short falls, no matter who builds them...IMO some more than others!

Top Bottom