Where's Christy Clark?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why hasn't Christy Clark made a statement on the big tailings pond disaster in BC yet? With the company responsible for the breach now building a similar project like this near Dease Lake, BC shouldn't she be asking some questions? Or does she just comment on Alberta projects?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.....and where is the emergency response plan ? No one knows how to clean it up yet WTF !!! Once again projects like this look good on paper, but in all reality not so much.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently the whole gang including Christy Clark are going to be there for a briefing at 3 today. Be interesting to find out what the water sampling results are. Horrible disaster and terrible for the people in surrounding communities.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is just the beginning, that watershed feeds into the Fraser, it will be interesting to see what chemicals were in that sludge if they actually give us honest info

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe she's on a summer break somewhere else with her man servants. And it's really disappointing to see people and the lands suffer from company's attitudes of "can't really see a problem ever happening"

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said on the news the company responsible had been warned that the tailings pond could not hold that much material without a breach. Will be interesting to see what the penalties if any will be?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They said on the news the company responsible had been warned that the tailings pond could not hold that much material without a breach. Will be interesting to see what the penalties if any will be?

penalties will not even come close to the law suits......

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyone affected should sue, and the company's mining license pulled

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would the government not do something other than keep warning them??
Because the thieves in Victoria are owned and controlled by big business.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But there's no oil sands bitumen sheen, what's the worry everyone?

In all seriousness... Not good at all. Likely lots of heavy metal pollution into major waterways that will have huge effects far away with time.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And there worried about the pipe line

There's allready sh!t to leak and screw up rivers

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She was there today along with the rest of the gang.Huge environmental disaster.I have hunted in that area before,very pristine country.Mine was warned 5 times recently about too high water level in pit,fines were cheaper than doing something about it.Similar sized disaster happened in Tennasee and so far cost to remediate has been 600-800 million.All tax payers in Canada will pay for this one.Mine will declare bankruptcy and walk away.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad indeed, next time a "special interest group" whines about the "carnage" ATV's do perhaps we could send em a link to that vid.....
As a demographic I highly doubt we (all ATV'ers inclusive..globally) could even do 10% of that and the ensuing damage.......in our entire lifetimes...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately Victoria is not the only place with thieves. They live in Ottawa, Washington, Edmonton etc etc.

Why would the government not do something other than keep warning them??
Because the thieves in Victoria are owned and controlled by big business.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why hasn't Christy Clark made a statement on the big tailings pond disaster in BC yet? With the company responsible for the breach now building a similar project like this near Dease Lake, BC shouldn't she be asking some questions? Or does she just comment on Alberta projects?

ya she said, we may have avoided disaster the tailiing may not be poisionous oh and BC minister said they are looking at a 1M dollar fine! ... Fck that... Fisheries act say 1m / day till cleaned... fine the bastards so they don't just get away with this as the cost of business... this is horrific! Makes me wonder why the dam was close to the water???? Makes me think this was done on purpose! Im not a conspiracy guy but looking at the pictures makes me go WTF! Sad sad day... money first environment second attitude has to stop! We are all responsible for this place, our kids wont judge us on how much money we have but what we left for their kids!

Im also tired of courts fining these companies 10k then ordering them to donate 1million to the habitat conservation trust fund... all that does is give the criminal big business guys a tax write off!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.....and where is the emergency response plan ? No one knows how to clean it up yet WTF !!! Once again projects like this look good on paper, but in all reality not so much.

Sad but true the Gov't doesn't give a ratss azz as long as they get their cut... all these environment bs before a project are just that BS... just look good on paper so the voter thinks the companies and gov't have done their home work! Wake up people before we wreck everything... LMAO don't even get me started on what i think about China getting to run their own mines in Canada... person who came up with that should be hung by a rope for treason

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
ya she said, we may have avoided disaster the tailiing may not be poisionous oh and BC minister said they are looking at a 1M dollar fine! ... Fck that... Fisheries act say 1m / day till cleaned... fine the bastards so they don't just get away with this as the cost of business... this is horrific! Makes me wonder why the dam was close to the water???? Makes me think this was done on purpose! Im not a conspiracy guy but looking at the pictures makes me go WTF! Sad sad day... money first environment second attitude has to stop! We are all responsible for this place, our kids wont judge us on how much money we have but what we left for their kids!

Im also tired of courts fining these companies 10k then ordering them to donate 1million to the habitat conservation trust fund... all that does is give the criminal big business guys a tax write off!

fisheries act is federal, they need to get the feds out there now, to heck with the provincial idiots, bring in the bigger higher paid idiots.

Top Bottom