where to stay in blue river

ranger620

Reaction score
Plan on making a trip to blue river in the beggining of march. Just wondering what my options are for places to stay. I heard of Glacier and blue river hotel . I was was wondering if there are any bed and breakfast places there also. If anyone has stayed at any of these places some info on how it is would be great.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan on making a trip to blue river in the beggining of march. Just wondering what my options are for places to stay. I heard of Glacier and blue river hotel . I was was wondering if there are any bed and breakfast places there also. If anyone has stayed at any of these places some info on how it is would be great.

Check out the Blue Jewel, it is a B&B style set up - Patti an Robin are awesome!! They'll feed you a big breakfast, pack you a wonderful lunch and cook you a mean dinner all at a reasonable cost:)

Crash

Reaction score
Glacier is a great place. They have continental breakfast everyday, and let you use the dryers for your gear.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ranger620 !

Have I got a Deal for You !!

Holy Smoke Inn B&B

Call 250-673-BLUE ( 2583 )

I am the Owner and I will give You the whole scoop !

Welcome to Blue River !

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier Mtn Lodge is good, i have never stayed there but some buds did they were looked after.:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the Blue Jewel, it is a B&B style set up - Patti an Robin are awesome!! They'll feed you a big breakfast, pack you a wonderful lunch and cook you a mean dinner all at a reasonable cost:) [media]http://bluejewelsnowmobile.com/index.swf[/media]

holy somke inn ... no cooking and no dishes and the food is great....

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I've stayed at the Holy Smoke (blue jewel) and the sandman. I've never tried to glacier so I can't speak to that.

I have to say the atmosphere at the Smoke is pretty nice. Great people and great food.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Glacier is very active in supporting the local club, the Powder Packers, who take care of all the grooming, working to keep the areas open etc etc. I don't think anybody else does in town, I could be wrong. It would be a shame if the grooming were to stop altogether, it's a huge effort and cost and a lot of people take advantage of it without chipping in.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Glacier is very active in supporting the local club, the Powder Packers, who take care of all the grooming, working to keep the areas open etc etc. I don't think anybody else does in town, I could be wrong. It would be a shame if the grooming were to stop altogether, it's a huge effort and cost and a lot of people take advantage of it without chipping in.

I think all tourist based business in Blue River (minus Wiegele) takes great pride in club support and preserving riding areas for the future of our sport. Sledding is the largest source of tourism revenue for the folks of Blue River during winter months. It is our responsibility as sledders to pay grooming fees to ensure that it will continue to take place.

Just my 2 cents:d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all tourist based business in Blue River (minus Wiegele) takes great pride in club support and preserving riding areas for the future of our sport. Sledding is the largest source of tourism revenue for the folks of Blue River during winter months. It is our responsibility as sledders to pay grooming fees to ensure that it will continue to take place.

Just my 2 cents:d

There's been lots of problems there recently unfortunatly and not all businesses lend a hand, kind counter productive for the town in general really.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's been lots of problems there recently unfortunatly and not all businesses lend a hand, kind counter productive for the town in general really.

I believe this thread was meant to be about good places to stay in Blue River.
Patti and Robin have always treated us and many others very well at the Blue Jewel. They have also fought very hard against closures etc.

Unfortunately Blue River has a lot of internal politics - everyone wants what they think is best - just remember one thing..there are two sides to every story:)

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patti and Robin have always treated us and many others very well at the Blue Jewel. They have also fought very hard against closures etc.

Unfortunately Blue River has a lot of internal politics - everyone wants what they think is best - just remember one thing..there are two sides to every story:)

Oddly enough I never mentioned Blue Jewel at all you did, now why would you mention them?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

sorry theres three sides, your side, their side, and the truth :d:d

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well your wrong.

ya maxwell your wrong bahahaha .... some peoples kids .... just saying .....
dont get me wrong Gml is a nice place to stay... i preffer the holy smoke for i can wake up have coffee and a breakfast that is outstanding.... and then slowly get ready to go for a ride with a hot lunch(soup) and sandwich and fresh cookies yummm..... then get back from a long day of riding and sit back have some drinks and then stuff my face with an outstanding supper .... then jump in the hot tub for a little bit...then go to the legion and get smashed and stumble or crawl back to the holy smoke since the legion is right behind the smoke ....lol .... i love blue river .... "once you go black you will not go back" here kitty, kitty, kitty hahaha

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya maxwell your wrong bahahaha .... some peoples kids .... just saying .....
dont get me wrong Gml is a nice place to stay... i preffer the holy smoke for i can wake up have coffee and a breakfast that is outstanding.... and then slowly get ready to go for a ride with a hot lunch(soup) and sandwich and fresh cookies yummm..... then get back from a long day of riding and sit back have some drinks and then stuff my face with an outstanding supper .... then jump in the hot tub for a little bit...then go to the legion and get smashed and stumble or crawl back to the holy smoke since the legion is right behind the smoke ....lol .... i love blue river .... "once you go black you will not go back" here kitty, kitty, kitty hahaha

Whatever floats your boat there kiddo, I like the Glacier you like Blue Jewel who really cares.

Top Bottom