Where to stay and stage?

Prototype

Reaction score
Planning on riding fernie for a week. Where is the best bang for the buck place to stay and supports local snowmobiling? Where do we stage? We are staying for multiple days so we are looking for different locations. Trail passes for sale at the trail head?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how deep your pockets are. Fernie is a ski town and accommodations are expensive. The Park Place Lodge would be my first choice as they have a great restaurant and a good on site bar with indoor pool and hot tub. Best Western (indoor pool and hot tub also) and the only draw back is no hot breakfast just the complimentary continental breakfast. Also, the Stanford Hotels and Resort (indoor pool and water slides. Further down the list would be the Super8 (across the parking lot is a Smitty's), the Travel Lodge, East Kootenay Motel, and a hand full of others up on the ski hill. Staging would depend on where you want to ride. A few different choices (Coal Creek/Morrissey, Little Sands, Hartley, Harvey, MacLatchie, (although both of these have active logging and the road is radio controlled).

Trail passes are $20/day or $80 for a club membership and no trail pass charge. Membership has its privileges! They are sold at the trail head on the weekend or at Ghostrider Motorsports/GearHub in town.

thecheyner

Reaction score
Oh it's great in there but I know the skiers and boarders hate it when guys are in the trees sidehilling up all the good ski terrain/runs, and I guess they hate it most when the skin tracks get destroyed by sleds. Heard some pretty heated arguments a few weeks back. Guys on snowbikes and sleds were being rather inconsiderate apparently.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what, because the skiers use the area we aren't allowed? Lol. If theres a nice line through the trees I'm sure as hell not leaving it for a skier lol

Top Bottom