Where to go? Elkford - Valemount - Revelstoke or ???

bluedtke

Reaction score
Coming from Manitoba and thinking about heading out to the mountains for a week or two in Aug. Which area would you recomend? So far I've noticed that Elkford and Crowsnest pass area seem to have a lare trail system but I'm not sure of what else might be out there. I'm not really looking for alot of mud holes. I prefer the scenery - forests, lakes, etc. Would also like a place that allows back country camping.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elkford has dozens of km of trails as well as multiple areas for back country camping. All up the Elk Valley and Fording Valley as well as Fernie area. It would take you weeks to explore all that the "Wilderness Capital of BC" has to offer!!

On another note there are also a multitude of trails and camping in the Crowsnest Pass...Allison Creek, Lynx Creek, Westcastle etc...A ton of area

Have fun and ride safe...

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Coming from Manitoba and thinking about heading out to the mountains for a week or two in Aug. Which area would you recomend? So far I've noticed that Elkford and Crowsnest pass area seem to have a lare trail system but I'm not sure of what else might be out there. I'm not really looking for alot of mud holes. I prefer the scenery - forests, lakes, etc. Would also like a place that allows back country camping.

We are your closest Outdoor recreation resort. We have a lot of people from brandon and portage area. You ride from your cabin door. Everything you can think of from fishing to atving. Maybe a little Golf!

Give us a call
Curtis and Verlee

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE CROWSNEST PASS AREA AND CASTLE SKI ARE LOTS OF TRAIL SYSTEMS BOTH TO THE NORTH AND SOUTH WITH LOTS OF ACESS INTO THE BC SIDE

Top Bottom