Where to get fab metal? (edmonton)

rob350

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get in Edmonton (or west) for getting all types of metal? And not in orders, just simply 6 feet of this and walk out.

Normally i would find scrap laying around at the farm, or i could find the small stuff i needed at crappytire or princess auto but now im looking at building a bumper and want some round tubing, and other odds and ends that they dont carry.

Scrambler3

Reaction score
Re: Where to get fab matal? (edmonton)

Try Metal Supermarkets for small stuff or even General Steel sells new pieces by the stick.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little pricey doesn't begin to describe metal supermarkets. Unless your in a real fix and need some stuff, stay far, far away.

I was buying some 2"x 5" rectanguler steel for some bumpers i was building for my Jeep, stopped at Metal supermarkets, and they wanted $70 a FOOT for it. Said thank you, but no thanks, and went to General scrap. Got all what i need plus extra, for about 50 bucks. About 12 feet in total.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Metal supermarket are complete scam artists, we have a custom metal shop at my work. We don't usually sell to the public and we may not have what you want but send me a PM and i'll see if i have what your looking for.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to get in Edmonton (or west) for getting all types of metal? And not in orders, just simply 6 feet of this and walk out.

Normally i would find scrap laying around at the farm, or i could find the small stuff i needed at crappytire or princess auto but now im looking at building a bumper and want some round tubing, and other odds and ends that they dont carry.

General Steel, west end, 156 st and 121 A Ave. They are very reasonable...

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maple Leaf Metals just of of 50 st and 68 Ave
Maple Leaf Metals

Good for your hobby builder and cheap compared to Metal Ssupermarket. Metal Supermarket is great for finding odd pieces and shapes and good for Aluminium but very expensive for carbon steel

metalguy

Reaction score
Metal Supermarkets are overpriced, and the sales manager(?) is a know it all. They teat there staff like the know nothing. One warehouse guy was helping me and this mgr guy says in front of me he doesn't know anything don't listen to him. I left the store without buying anything and felt for the staff member helping me.

Dragin

Reaction score
If your looking for tubing Try Gee & Gee racing in leduc. They sell chromoly tubing for racecar cages and lots of other stuff I've found their prices pretty good if you want other than straight steel

Top Bottom