Where to buy lakefront in alberta or sask

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Algae seems to be a real problem. A few lakes that I've found that as of yet don't seem to struggle with quality issues are, Island Lake, Skeleton, Amisk (very tough to find anything for sale), Lesser Slave, Moose Lake (bonneville). We are looking for front row lakefront. Budget is up to 250k for land, under 500k with building. Rules out most newer stuff, at least the larger homes.

Skeleton lake is way overdeveloped. Every weekend in the summer is just craziness. Way too many meatheads out on the water

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Lac Sante up by Saint Paul does not have quality issues and you should be able to find lakefront up there for your price range. Moose Lake will be tough, lots of million dollar homes up there.

Still curious as to why you are so quick to dismiss Wabamun, Sledderdoc's neighbor has a lakefront lot in moonlight bay for 250K - ish. close enough to the city to commute, I work on the south side and commute from Moonlight bay in under an hour.

Thanks for the replies. Algae seems to be a real problem. A few lakes that I've found that as of yet don't seem to struggle with quality issues are, Island Lake, Skeleton, Amisk (very tough to find anything for sale), Lesser Slave, Moose Lake (bonneville). We are looking for front row lakefront. Budget is up to 250k for land, under 500k with building. Rules out most newer stuff, at least the larger homes.

SnowDog

Reaction score
We have a lake front lot at Loon Lake, Saskatchewan,been going there since 1963 !! It is an excellent lake and best of all never any water quality issues and good fishing, only bad part is it is 3 1/2 hours away, but in my opinion, worth the drive.Lake front lots with older cabin sell for around $350,000.00, if you can find one !

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bogger, Nothing against the lake, seems to be a bit higher priced from the listings I've seen.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It is higher priced, especially lakefront because of it's proximity to the city. Far as property itself goes I still can't believe we got our place for what we did, it's only missing the "lakefront" label.... 2900 sq/ft 3 level 5 bedroom 4 bath built in 2004 with a triple heated garage and a 32 x 30 heated barn with a loft on 0.8 acres, SRD land between us and the lake and my own dock for under 600K, there are cabins selling for more but they are "lakefront"... The property over by Doc's is nice, lakefront and boarders the back side of the provincial park. I can't find a listing for it, they probably pulled it for the winter but it's been for sale for 2 summers in a row now.

Bogger, Nothing against the lake, seems to be a bit higher priced from the listings I've seen.

snowhound63

Reaction score
I live about a mile off of moose lake in Bonnyville and trust me when i say it has algae also has for many years

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about this lake front? In floor heat, top and bottom and garage. 3 bedroom plus office. 1200+ sq ft a level.

Water is ok i guess, if not it is in the tub on top the garage.

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is this? Is it for sale?

How about this lake front? In floor heat, top and bottom and garage. 3 bedroom plus office. 1200+ sq ft a level.

Water is ok i guess, if not it is in the tub on top the garage.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saved my money, we just pitch our rig in front of the cleanest waterfront area for the summer. At the highwater mark. We have all kinds of fun, what with people trying to get us to move. Veins on foreheads popping. They think they own to the water line, haha

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about lac la biche?

Lac La Biche area is an outdoorsman paradise, take a look on google maps to see the amount of lakes in the area. 150 lakes in the county, 70% of Alberta's beaches... Blows the doors off anything else in Alberta...

LLB lake gets algae, not as bad as they used to as they expanded water/sewer a few years ago to many lots surrounding the lake. The most popular spot is south of town between Lac La Biche and Plamondon. There's also new development on the north side of the lake, but probably 30 mins from town. Town itself is 2 hrs from Edmonton, has all the basic requirements, but a "no frills" town. Beaver Lake is also very popular, only a few minutes south of town and doesn't get algae (just a little of bloom), lots are more expensive though. As you can see plenty of lake options in the area.

Send me a pm if you want more specific details, I know a thing or two about the place.

Top Bottom