where is your favorite place to stay & Ride

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the 2017-2018 season is coming and this will be my second year riding the hills. The itch to ride is getting stronger and the days get closer. With that being said I'm looking for the best places to stay. I would like to try out a few new places this year and get a feeling for where I like to ride the best. I rode Mcbride, Clamina & Fernie and had a blast especially Fernie we had Fernie snow show us around and he was a great to ride with very understanding of it being my first year but we ended up getting 104cm snow in 48hr so we were blocked in. Rough life right lol best riding ever. I would like to go back again this year and will try to plan it between trying other places. I would like to try Golden, Sicamous, Blue River & anywhere that is highly recommended. That being said let me know your thoughts..................

Hope to see you on the hills this year.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well Golden is a good choice, My favorite riding place is the backside of Silent Pass when the snow is good it's priceless, also a big fan of the Silver Mines thanks too Rasberry Nittro for getting us in there a couple years back. Not for the newer riders as it's a wee bit sketchy but tied for second on my list. Hope too spend more time down there this year. I like Golden !

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie is always a good choice there is so much riding here that you could spend years here and never scratch the surface. We have been teaching out of Fernie since 2008 and I still find that I'm riding new stashes of snow and different local locations every year. Just drive up to Elkford, Corbin, Sparwood, Morresy, Galloway, to name a few and your into a whole different bunch of riding that is still all within a short drive of Fernie.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere within 20 minutes of my front door but since Eagles Pass is my favourite I'll drive 40 minutes to get there lol. Salmon Lake is another favourite but not for beginners and best to go with someone that knows it. Brandywine is a gorgeous area but staying in Whistler can be kind of a bummer.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere within 20 minutes of my front door but since Eagles Pass is my favourite I'll drive 40 minutes to get there lol. Salmon Lake is another favourite but not for beginners and best to go with someone that knows it. Brandywine is a gorgeous area but staying in Whistler can be kind of a bummer.
Is salmon lake a blue river managed area?

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it is a bluebird day anywhere on the Pemberton Icecap. Almost unlimited terrain to play in and the most spectacular views. Definetly not for socked in days though.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. lots of riding for all types of riders.
Fernie is always a good choice there is so much riding here that you could spend years here and never scratch the surface. We have been teaching out of Fernie since 2008 and I still find that I'm riding new stashes of snow and different local locations every year. Just drive up to Elkford, Corbin, Sparwood, Morresy, Galloway, to name a few and your into a whole different bunch of riding that is still all within a short drive of Fernie.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favourite place... wherever it snowed three feet last night. I spread my trail fees around to a bunch of places. Every year I ride Golden (Silent, Gorman), Revy (Boulder), Sicamous (Eagle Pass), Fernie, Elkford, Valemont, Hamilton MT (Lost Horse), Cooke City MT and Island Park ID. Yes I’m a snow whore. Each place offers something unique and exciting. I honestly couldn’t see myself going to the same place over and over and over. That being said, I have a club membership in Golden. I love their terrain, dry snow and waaaaaaay less cabin poser douche bags tossing beer cans stoking each other’s ego than some other places. I am one of the folks who likes the idea of a BC sled membership.

Last edited:

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite place to stay is in my own house and favorite place to ride is in my back yard...Atlas, York, Rolling Hills...etc. Every kind of terrain from groomed trails to the steep and deep and awesome tree riding with the closest staging area 5 minutes from my door and Corbin about 20 minutes. As much as I would love to ride some sledding destinations in the US I always find new hotspots every time I ride at home that just seem to keep me here.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I started riding a lot in McBride. Lucille is awesome for the half day before we head back home, and Belle is great for the half day when we show up. Renshaw is just great, all different terrain for any rider, or any weather conditions. Usually stay at NV Mountainview cabins 10 mins out of town. Decent rates, full kitchens, clean hot tub. We rode a little in Valemount last year at Allen. Was great! Had so much fun in the trees. Did our AST1 at Clemina. We stayed at the Alpine Inn, which was ok, but super friendly staff, and then tried the Chalet Continental, which was pretty good. Many years ago I stayed at Peaks in Revy and rode from the hotel up Boulder. That was pretty good, being able to ride from the hotel. Wish there was a lot more of that.

This year I would love to make it to Fernie and maybe Golden.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I started riding a lot in McBride. Lucille is awesome for the half day before we head back home, and Belle is great for the half day when we show up. Renshaw is just great, all different terrain for any rider, or any weather conditions. Usually stay at NV Mountainview cabins 10 mins out of town. Decent rates, full kitchens, clean hot tub. We rode a little in Valemount last year at Allen. Was great! Had so much fun in the trees. Did our AST1 at Clemina. We stayed at the Alpine Inn, which was ok, but super friendly staff, and then tried the Chalet Continental, which was pretty good. Many years ago I stayed at Peaks in Revy and rode from the hotel up Boulder. That was pretty good, being able to ride from the hotel. Wish there was a lot more of that.

Bingo bango...i do the same. Belle is the first stop to get the gitters out then hit Renshaw. Mcbride i find to have a great group of people. everyone seems friendly until you ask a local where the sweet deep pow spots are...then you get the No f**kn way im telling you look. haha for real tho, nice people.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle Valley Lodge in Sicamous is awesome. Not far to blue lake or owlshead. Rene always knows where to find good snow.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount and Summit River Lodge, i've rode lots of other places and always find myself coming back. Terry and Lisas hospitality cannot be beat.

Top Bottom