Where can I get suitcase weights??

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called Westlock tractor, and searched kijiji, buysell, canadatrader, can't find any anywhere? I bet every farmer in the province has a pile in his yard though!!

Any Ideas? I would like about 700#.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these the weights for tractor wheels? If so I'm on the same search:d.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these the weights for tractor wheels? If so I'm on the same search:d.

Suitcase style are the ones that are flat and hang from a bar on the front or back of the tractor.

The girl I talked to at Westlock Tractor today told me they don't have any, but I got an email reply from someone that they're $1 / lb. They might have your wheel weights there.

For now, that's too much cash for me. I can go poverty style and make a box to fill with sandbags, which I'll make myself.

I used to be able to fit about 4 kilos into a suitcase.

I'll give you $1/lb........lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watch farm auctions if you can they go dirt cheap usually at the last one i was at an old guy bought like 50 of them for like 100 bucks hope you find some. i have some friends taht do tractor pulling I will ask them and let you know if I find some.:d

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watch farm auctions if you can they go dirt cheap usually at the last one i was at an old guy bought like 50 of them for like 100 bucks hope you find some. i have some friends taht do tractor pulling I will ask them and let you know if I find some.:d

Excellent thanks!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey mb1 do you know where rimbey is...... There is an allen olsen auction, same idea as ritchie brother, on the 7 you could try also did you try martin equipment( go green ) or pentagon farm equipment i know theres one in millet.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you buy me lunch and couple beers after, I'll sit on the front of your truck for the pulls:d, I'm good for about 230#

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same search, don't bother with Martin unless you're buying new. I was already there. I have a lead on some down by airdrie but gotta find the time to go P/U. My application slightly different, to anchor my boat bow out a few feet off the shore and use as ballast when surfin'/ boarding. Easy to stow.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same search, don't bother with Martin unless you're buying new. I was already there. I have a lead on some down by airdrie but gotta find the time to go P/U. My application slightly different, to anchor my boat bow out a few feet off the shore and use as ballast when surfin'/ boarding. Easy to stow.

very dangerous to use anything but water as ballast when surfing.......a budy of mine used lead bars on top of the numerous fat sacks in his malibu...... we retreived about 700lbs out of the boat after pulling it off the bottom of the lake..... I'm thinking he had about 1000lbs total before the nose went under while slowing down to go back and pick a downed surfer.

with that much weight in a boat,( we typically run 1200 - 1500 lbs of water ballast), if anything bad happens, at least the water weight becomes neutral and your boat will remain on the surface!!!!

just a suggestion:beer:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very dangerous to use anything but water as ballast when surfing.......a budy of mine used lead bars on top of the numerous fat sacks in his malibu...... we retreived about 700lbs out of the boat after pulling it off the bottom of the lake..... I'm thinking he had about 1000lbs total before the nose went under while slowing down to go back and pick a downed surfer.

with that much weight in a boat,( we typically run 1200 - 1500 lbs of water ballast), if anything bad happens, at least the water weight becomes neutral and your boat will remain on the surface!!!!

just a suggestion:beer:

Besides if you need more ballast for wakes, just put more girls in the boat that's what we used to do;)

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a local Bobcat dealer. I've seen them hanging on skid steer units before that are used to load bales and other bucket work that is frequently high off the ground. Can't remember the name of the joint out by Acheson but they have tons of buckets etc... they most likely have them.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try any equipment wreckers such as gratton coulee out of Irma

Top Bottom