When you buy a new boat, should it come full of fuel??

hihi962

Reaction score
seriously, guys are spending more on their boats then they are on cars... anyone have experience with this? are the dealers expected to fill the tank like they do in car/atv sales?
it is notable because my boat will hold 67 gallons of premium...I wanna know if it's industry standard to expect it full.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
seriously, guys are spending more on their boats then they are on cars... anyone have experience with this? are the dealers expected to fill the tank like they do in car/atv sales?
it is notable because my boat will hold 67 gallons of premium...I wanna know if it's industry standard to expect it full.

Nope ........... but they should take you for a serious test ride. Your spending that much cash on the boat who cares about fuel. If you are you should reconsider the purchase. Boating may not be for you. :beer:

hihi962

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but $300 is still $300 the last time I checked, just because I dropped serious cash on a boat doesn't mean I gotta disregard any perks or not have any expectations from the dealer.
just wondering how guys were receiving their boats..not whinning about it.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you bought that Lund from Udo at Rainbow I highly doubt you'll get more than enough fuel to start it. Make sure, make damn sure that you inspect that boat thoroughly before you accept it, take two days if you have too. There's always things they miss, especially make sure that the Smartcraft guages are working before you take possession. It'll be a complete nightmare to get them fixed afterwards.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a new eagle jet boat $60000 plus and yeah tank was on full :)yehaawww but not for long hahahahah:d hands down the best boat and people to deal with 5 star service

Attachments

• my boat.jpg
    my boat.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

hihi962

Reaction score
Make sure, make damn sure that you inspect that boat thoroughly before you accept it, take two days if you have too. There's always things they miss, especially make sure that the Smartcraft guages are working before you take possession. It'll be a complete nightmare to get them fixed afterwards.

I really like this idea, because the last thing i wanna do is haul it back into Red Deer (btw, they slammed rainbows prices).. I got it full of options and a few extra electrical equipment.. but to be honest I have never used smart craft guages, so it'd take me two days to familiarize myself with it just to actually verify that it works! I also didn't think this could be checked out of the water.
Orrin, you sound familiar with the lunds already, do you have a newer one? or have any other tips? my previous boat was a '95 so things have changed quite a bit!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno about you, but $300 is still $300 the last time I checked, just because I dropped serious cash on a boat doesn't mean I gotta disregard any perks or not have any expectations from the dealer.
just wondering how guys were receiving their boats..not whinning about it.

it is up to the dealer,, they probably get a 5gallon credit from the manufacturer, so it come from there profit

same in the car bizz,,, manufacturer gives like 5 gallons we as the dealership pump the other 100bucks from our gross profit its not free,, if peeps grind the chit out of us and they are dicks we say here it is 1/4 tank because that guy is not coming back anyways. and its pretty sad to make 100bucks profit on a 35 grand rig. and this happens a fair bit ugggg.

picked up my new Moomba dealer took me to station and let me watch them pay for it, then a 20 minute demo/delivary ride,,,

Top Bottom