when is the computer done with break in on xm. Does anything flash on display?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just listen for the sound of the hidden turbo .. it gets enabled by the computer once the break in is over...

also look for the wings that will come out of your running boards

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
just listen for the sound of the hidden turbo .. it gets enabled by the computer once the break in is over...

also look for the wings that will come out of your running boards

I thought it set off a bunch of fireworks from the end of the handlebars, and a Green traffic light came up out of the hood?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anything flash on display? I know the some older skidoos it was 10 hours.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it says 200 litre's of fuel and its ready to go so approx 500kms..... but nothing happens or flashes but the power is nice....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think it says 200 litre's of fuel and its ready to go so approx 500kms..... but nothing happens or flashes but the power is nice....

I have heard it depends on how hard one rides which could be related to fuel consumption. One of the DooCrew on S&M had over 600 kms last year and according to the computer when he took it in for the 10 hour/500km check he was only at 67% break-in.

That 10hour/500km check is really not suitable for us mountain boys. The dealer is the only one who knows how much break-in has taken place when they plug in the computer.

So get out there and ride the piss out of them and then it will really awaken and tear your arms out of the sockets………:D

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think on my sister inlaws it said 120 litres of fuel

tfriesen

Reaction score
I was told it goes by fuel consumed as well, approx 2 tanks, so that would be 80 litres? That was last year anyways. And no there was no indication of break in being up, other than the sudden drop in oil consumption. I cant say anything about a noticeable power increase, being the wifes machine, she probably wouldnt know either, rarely do i hear the MBRP can scream when shes riding. lol. Really coulda done with a 600 etec for her. oh well

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told it goes by fuel consumed as well, approx 2 tanks, so that would be 80 litres? That was last year anyways. And no there was no indication of break in being up, other than the sudden drop in oil consumption.

That is exactly what the tags on the handlebars say. Higher than normal fuel and oil consumption for the first 2 tanks, approximately 80 litres.

Jonny Cash

Reaction score
That is exactly what the tags on the handlebars say. Higher than normal fuel and oil consumption for the first 2 tanks, approximately 80 litres.
Thanks for the feed back! I am riding the hell out of it every day. looking to finish break in Allen creek this weekend if my riding partners dont back out?

jumpingjack

Reaction score
The breakin mode will be complete once you have burned 80 liters of fuel. The harder you ride the sooner you'll have full power from your etec. There isen't a hugh difference that is noticed. You should see a reduction in oil usage and smoother operation.

Jonny Cash

Reaction score
The breakin mode will be complete once you have burned 80 liters of fuel. The harder you ride the sooner you'll have full power from your etec. There isen't a hugh difference that is noticed. You should see a reduction in oil usage and smoother operation.
Thanks for the info. Now looking for someone to ride with fri,sat sun in valemount.Riding buddys not going this weekend but my xm wants a work out...

Top Bottom