When cops have a ego

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
One can argue the positives and negatives of window tinting and the logic of trailer brakes required on some trailers and not on others but you are wasting your time unless you are making those arguments to your local MLA or MNA in Quebec as Highway Traffic Acts are Provinicial jurisdiction. The fact of the matter is if it is against the law, whether illogical or not, unless you can get the law changed there may be consequences for breaking that law. Just because something is not enforced in one Province does not mean it is not actively enforced in another as every police force has their priorities based on problems they encounter in each their own jurisdiction so it is not neccesarily a single cop being a dick. Thanks to the internet you can look at all the rules that might affect you in any given Province and talking to people or looking at online forums will give you an idea of how seriously they take the enforcement in any given jurisidiction. From my personal experience it appears at least in the eastern side of the Province of BC they take rules of the road very seriously and, unlike Alberta, there is a very good chance you will be stopped on a trip there and they will check you out very thoroughly particularly if you are towing a trailer of any type. Know the rules where you are going, do not assume that levels of enforcement are the same between provinces and if you do end up in an awkward situation suck it up as you were breaking a law and the cop, dick or not, was doing his job. No right or wrong those are just the cold, hard facts.

I bow to the wisdom of the "elderly"
Of course your probably younger than me....lol

I thought it was mean when I got my speeding ticket a while ago, feel the speed should be higher on the road, everyone goes faster....if I "really" felt strong enough that it was a jerk ticket I'd go to court and fight it. Well I understand the rules, I broke them, I take the demerits with my little bunny tail between my legs and pay.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393453679.884832.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393453700.686680.jpg

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I bow to the wisdom of the "elderly"
Of course your probably younger than me....lol

I thought it was mean when I got my speeding ticket a while ago, feel the speed should be higher on the road, everyone goes faster....if I "really" felt strong enough that it was a jerk ticket I'd go to court and fight it. Well I understand the rules, I broke them, I take the demerits with my little bunny tail between my legs and pay.
View attachment 167900View attachment 167902

Is that a hello kitty bandaid on your finger?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
And stop talking like you DONT lip off cops..... You blew through a checkstop.... with your parents in the truck.... Then when they pulled you over you basically told them.. "its not my fault your checkstop sucks"... then he made you get out of the truck and walk around behind it... "I didnt want to yell at you in front of your mom" he said. LOL! I heard ALL THAT.

You neglected to mention that we did not get a ticket for anything and it may have been because you were sitting in the passenger seat wearing a pink ladies toque and they likely did not want to be seen to be picking on us becuase of the what they deemed to be the sexual orientation of one of the vehicle occupants.

Roy, you and I know there nice young men who could do no wrong. The read to the children at the orphanage twice a week, teach Sunday school and help little old ladies a gross the street....."NOT"

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Roy, you and I know there nice young men who could do no wrong. The read to the children at the orphanage twice a week, teach Sunday school and help little old ladies a gross the street....."NOT"

I help kids read all the time... "free candy" "free puppies" that sort of thing.

dmaxmoe

Reaction score
Didn't read the entire thread, so sorry if its been said, but a side window will still shatter with tint. I personally know 2 people whose trucks have been broken into with tint and glass shards were everywhere just as if there was no tint. Cops don't want to walk up on a truck that they can't see what the driver is or isn't doing.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what if he had a Two place sled with no brakes on the axle and hitch breaks crosses the and kills someone what then. Tinted windows in Ontario is good my truck back all had tint and got pulled over lots and cops never said a thing even when I give them a time going though Ride Checks

Every had a trailer come off?
I Did my boat trailer did. It weighed maybe 1500lbs the ball nut fell off
It didn't have trailer brake.
Chains crossed set right still pushed my truck around a bit on the flat land.
Now add 5000 lb down a hill big problem chains might not hold or fip the truck.
There is a reason for on having brakes on trailers that weigh over certain kgs.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Cops don't want to walk up on a truck that they can't see what the driver is or isn't doing." Just an excuse. What do they do for a semi driver, walk towards him with there gun out. Holy FaWk.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People need to put themselves in the cops shoes. I know this ain't the US but everytime they walk up to a car or truck its a crapshoot. Its only a matter of time when they will be walking up to cars with guns drawn with the way the worlds going. Nobody wants to be a statistic.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but in a crew cab, what's the difference? There could be a shooter in the back seat with both hands able there too. That's a bunk reason IMO... It's not like the us..The stats for cop deaths or weapon injuries are so low it's not even worth taalking about..:cool:

People need to put themselves in the cops shoes. I know this ain't the US but everytime they walk up to a car or truck its a crapshoot. Its only a matter of time when they will be walking up to cars with guns drawn with the way the worlds going. Nobody wants to be a statistic.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
It just gives them an excuse to pull you over.(and be a dick if they so desire)
Yes, but in a crew cab, what's the difference? There could be a shooter in the back seat with both hands able there too. That's a bunk reason IMO... It's not like the us..The stats for cop deaths or weapon injuries are so low it's not even worth taalking about..:cool:

Jake

Reaction score
Well that was a fun tread to follow. But I'm pretty sure the window tint laws are so he driver's view out the side windows is not impaired or restricted. I think ever other point was hit.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's very nice to have tint when the as***** behind you has his brights ON. Jealousy is some times the reason they pull you over. Like some say some want pictures and other are just outright rude about it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Canada's Law chart For Window Tinting

WINDOW TINTING RULES & LAWS

CANADA laws:

PROVINCE

TYPE
WIND-
SHEILD
F.SIDE
B.SIDE
(CAR)
B.SIDE
(MPV)
REAR
(CAR)
REAR
(MPV)
L&R MIRROR
CERTIF.
STICKR
LOC.
MEDI
CAL
ALBERTA
FILM
15 CM
NO
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
BRIT COLUMBIA
FILM
7.5 CM
NO
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
MANITOBA
NET
15 CM
45%
30%
ANY
35%
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
N.BRUNSWICK
FILM
NO
NO
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
NEWFOUNDLAND
FILM
15 CM
VAGUE
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
NOVA SCOTIA
FILM
15 CM
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
ONTARIO
FILM
15 CM
VAGUE
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
PRINCE EDWARD
FILM
15 CM
NO
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
QUEBEC
NET
15 CM
70%
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO
SASKATCHEWAN
FILM
15 CM
NO
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY
YES
NO
NO
NO

Explanation of the State Law Summary Chart:
Type: Film--LT% refers to the film itself
Net---LT% refers to the combined LT of film& glass.
Vague--Language is unclear, legislative intent is unclear, or interpretation is uncertain; any information following is subject to change or interpretation.
Windshield: Presumably, NR tinting is permitted above the AS-1 line. If the law specifies only the AS-1 line, AS-1 appears. If AS1 or specified inches appears, the AS-1 is assumed and only the number at inches down appears. ( Note: NR is used in lieu of “No, Any, or specific percentage” when the law permits unspecified” non-obstructive” or “transparent” tinting materials. In these cases, the legality of tinting inevitably depends upon each officer’s discretion.)
Front Sides: No film, or the actual LT% permitted. ( Note: Because they may vary from state to state, tolerances
(+/-3% LT) are not listed on this chart, nor are they included in these LT numbers.
MPV: Multi-purpose Vehicle is a vehicle used for passengers on a truck chassis.
Back Sides: No film, or the actual percentage of LT permitted.
Rear: No film, or the actual percentage of LT permitted.
Mirrors: Left & Right required outside: Yes or No.
(Note: Usually, a Yes means that dual outside mirrors are required if the back window is to be tinted
Certification Required: Yes or No
(Note: This refers to a requirement for manufactures to certify the films they plan to sell
before shipping them into the state.)
Stckr/Loc: Sticker location
No: No sticker is required
Rec:Sticker recommended
Specific: The state requires unique language & design, which may entail precise wording and sizing.
(1) Driver: The sticker is required between the film and glass on the driver's side window.
(2) Door: The sticker is required on the inside of the driver’s side doorjamb.
(3) All: The sticker should be put between the film and glass on each tinted window.
(4) Recommended: Due to "officer discretion," a sticker can help officers identify legal tint more
easily.

Locations: Drivers window, All windows tinted with film; or drivers left door jamb.
Medical Exemption: Yes or No. (Note: For more details about the specific terms of the exemption consult the law.)

Important:
This summary chart of state aftermarket tint law information is not a legal document. It is the result of independent research, using several sources, of public state documents. Window tinting laws vary from state to state and province to province. Before applying any window tinting materials, installers should thoroughly review the appropriate state regulations as well as local enforcement policies to insure compliance with all applicable standard`s.

Jake

Reaction score
Window glazing

69(1) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window glazing in a windshield or in a left or right side window of a motor vehicle that is beside or forward of the driver with a transparent, translucent or opaque material.

(2) A person shall not install, replace or cover the rear window glazing in a motor vehicle with a transparent, translucent or opaque material unless the motor vehicle has outside rear view mirrors on both the left and right that comply with section 72(2).

(3) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window glazing in a motor vehicle with a material that reflects the headlamps of approaching vehicles into the eyes of the driver of another vehicle.

(4) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window glazing in a motor vehicle with a material that reflects sunlight into the eyes of the driver of another vehicle.

(5) A person may replace the window glazing installed by the manufacturer of a motor vehicle with the same type of glazing.

(6) A person may apply clear untinted frost shields to a window of a motor vehicle only if they do not impair the view through the window by discolouring, scratching or damaging the glazing.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Let's talk about lights for a while.
It's very nice to have tint when the as***** behind you has his brights ON. Jealousy is some times the reason they pull you over. Like some say some want pictures and other are just outright rude about it.

Top Bottom