When Buy Used Pipes

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Hey guys Sledding season is getting closer and closer...
Just wondering how a person can tell the difference between pipes when buying used.??

Any ideas Does a person just take someone else's word as truth?

Would love to hear any ideas thrown up

Thread Closed

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to sure what you mean?

if the pipes are not cracked an were they should be good

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most of the major brands will have their name stamped on the pipe.
However if its not and you really know your pipes you are takin the sellers word for it that they are for the machine and the brand he/she says they are.

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Here Is the story
I bought a sled with mods
2000 Summit 700 With twin pipes.
I noticed that someone had to heat and beat the piss out of 1 of the pipes to fit around the right side Rave port.
After asking around with no definite answer ( The guys at the sled shop dont know chit )
I bought a second pair of twin pipes from s&m that suggested they "would" fit.. I didn't take the "would" part into consideration.
Took the new "used" pipes to a buddy to have them installed He did the same thing the farmer did with the original twins that were installed Heated and beat them :( Which resulted in my sled wanting to melt down... 4 of 5 hood vents melted off ... frame damaged and so on..
I checked with Jaws and they don't make twin pipes for any summit 700.
I am now the proud owner of 2 sets of twin pipes for a Summit 670
Make sure you know what your getting yourself into before dropping cash

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here Is the story
I bought a sled with mods
2000 Summit 700 With twin pipes.
I noticed that someone had to heat and beat the piss out of 1 of the pipes to fit around the right side Rave port.
After asking around with no definite answer ( The guys at the sled shop dont know chit )
I bought a second pair of twin pipes from s&m that suggested they "would" fit.. I didn't take the "would" part into consideration.
Took the new "used" pipes to a buddy to have them installed He did the same thing the farmer did with the original twins that were installed Heated and beat them :( Which resulted in my sled wanting to melt down... 4 of 5 hood vents melted off ... frame damaged and so on..
I checked with Jaws and they don't make twin pipes for any summit 700.
I am now the proud owner of 2 sets of twin pipes for a Summit 670
Make sure you know what your getting yourself into before dropping cash

worst part is that both sets have the chit beat out of them now and nobody wants them. :realmad: arrrrgh! find a single with a can and stay at that.

mrsummit700

Reaction score
This proud owner is willing to auction both sets of twin pipes off Lol any takers..oh ya they come with stingers

Top Bottom