When are you all planning your 1st trip to the hills this season ???

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals...
I know it's still early, but i see a lot of you are already watching the vids and chomping at the bit :)
In previous years, I've tried to get out to Golden around the 3rd week of Nov, to test the areas out. Usually go in with a smaller group to see Silent Pass and break trail. Maybe Hope or Chatter, just to get a ride or two in... See what the weather dictates :)

Let me know what you guys are thinking ???

Cheers,
RN

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I sit in my easy chair and look out the window. I smile a little more with each accumulating snowfall. If there is 3-4 inches in my yard around the first part of November, I know there will be 2-3 feet of pow another 2000' higher. Mother Nature is a funny lady; unpredictable as hell for that first day of riding. It is always a wait and see game. At least in our area......:snow:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U.S. turkey day Revelstoke.

Always enough snow, well at least the last 10 years. Some years the snow was so deep, it was like mid jan. Revy 11 26 060005.jpg
With lots of creekbeds.. LOL

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually head to Revy in Sept, for the annual Revelstoke Snowmobile Club firewood cutting day, so that some sledders can hunker down in the cabin around a warm crackly fire on a snowy socked in day during the winter, so that the rest of the hardcore riders can play in untouched snow on tree days!!!! lol

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually we hit Golden the first weekend of Dec. Last year was still to thin and bounced of some decent rocks. Probably try Revy this year same weekend unless there is real good early snowfall. If so earlier, got the itch REAL bad.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remembrance day, micu's go every year , seen them the last 3 years

Kind of a reunion... Thing for them

Cool to see what they have new every year

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this month.. I'm planning on becoming a Rock Star with and endless budget to spend on ridiculous things... and will be taking a trip to Chile to sled the snow there... now if my plan doesn't pan out... Probably around the 2d week in November up in the hills up the Salmo Creston pass....

But MAN.. it would be nice to be a bazzilionaire and leave the hot weather.. with my whole family (I am a basket case travelling without them) and go to Chile in August to ride!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this month.. I'm planning on becoming a Rock Star with and endless budget to spend on ridiculous things... and will be taking a trip to Chile to sled the snow there... now if my plan doesn't pan out... Probably around the 2d week in November up in the hills up the Salmo Creston pass....

But MAN.. it would be nice to be a bazzilionaire and leave the hot weather.. with my whole family (I am a basket case travelling without them) and go to Chile in August to ride!
Was chatting with a guy at work this week, and a good friend of his son (who also works with us) is in Chile right now, riding with Burandt.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
between the 7th and 10th of November for the last 10 years always good times love early season bottomless pow!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll watch MAXWELL's posts.When he's done wreckin chit and hitting rocks I'll go to Valemount.

Lol!! Thanks mike keep you posted.

I like to get out early November but last year was not allowing that. it's really hit or miss in Valemount for the month of November. I've had some epic Remembrance Day rides and some not so epic ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what the 'rock sled' is for..

Lol!! Thanks mike keep you posted.

I like to get out early November but last year was not allowing that. it's really hit or miss in Valemount for the month of November. I've had some epic Remembrance Day rides and some not so epic ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom