Whats the first sled you rode or own?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First sled I rode was my uncle's 1969 Ski-Doo 399 Nordic. Boggies in the back and leafs up front. Shocks were what you got when messing with the ignition wires while the engine was runnin'. First sled I owned was a 1980 Arctic Cat440 Panther. Used to put on 100 miles a day after work. we used to get snow back then aswell:Snowmobile1:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First sled I rode was my uncle's 1969 Ski-Doo 399 Nordic. Boggies in the back and leafs up front. Shocks were what you got when messing with the ignition wires while the engine was runnin'. First sled I owned was a 1980 Arctic Cat440 Panther. Used to put on 100 miles a day after work. we used to get snow back then aswell:Snowmobile1:

My first sled that I had was a 1977 Kitty Kat. When I was about 6 my parents had a 1974 Cheetah and a Panther (matching set). My mom did not ride her Panther all that much and I still have it. It needs a battery and it would start right up with some fresh fuel ! (mint) But it weighs like 800lbs !! what a tank.. When I was about 12 I rode the Cheetah into the ground and have been hooked ever since...

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well the first one i was on was 1979 and 1980 Yamaha SRX 440. These things freakin halled a$$, For back in the day sled as long as you were on hard packed or no more then 4 inch of snow.I remember a few times on Chestermere lake looking down at the speedo and seeing 100 miles /hr. Then again my buddies dad ownes them and he use to race them , they were tuned just right.And the funny part was when we decided to take them to the Pipe Line. HaHa springs and parts were flying every witch way.

I realy wana go fire one up and take it for a rip. Maybe tomorrows project.:beer::beer::beer:

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We lived on a farm and I rode a 68 Snow Hawk with a JLO single in it. I thought that I was on the VERY top of the world! When you are under 10 years old, this was a very cool ride. I'm sure that I packed every square inch of snow in the ol' farm yard. I would bet that my life long back issue started right there! I collect vintage sleds, but don'e have one!

snoking

Reaction score
My first sled was a 1968 snocruiser that my dad bought off of a saturday morning garage sale on 630 ched. I got it in 1994 and it was virtually brand new. I think it only had 200 miles on it. I was so excited I rode it all day around the yard in the middle of august.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First sled i owned and the first sled i rode happen to be the same machine. Last year was my first time on a snowmobile and it was on my 2004 sx Viper. Nevr was on a sled until december last year, then hit the mountains in january and let me tell you that was rough. lol :d

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early 70's 440 TNT baby!!!. Dad's machine with the 'crotch-carb' that occasionally sprouted a few small fires (1st time was very frightening, but soon became a sport). Best part was dad 'rebuilt' the seat that flipped up to reveal a huge storage compartment...and yup...it was full-o-booze:beer:.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early 70's 440 TNT baby!!!. Dad's machine with the 'crotch-carb' that occasionally sprouted a few small fires (1st time was very frightening, but soon became a sport). Best part was dad 'rebuilt' the seat that flipped up to reveal a huge storage compartment...and yup...it was full-o-booze:beer:.

LOL YES mine was same thing ....everyso often you would just bog out and realize your scarf was covering those stupid carb openings :d:d good times tho wouldnt change anything

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First sled was a kitty cat, but the first sled I put some significant miles on was an early nineties Polaris 340 indy sport. Since I've been little I have also been addicted to this great past time that eats up all my money and free time. Love It!!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo TNT 440...1979/80?....I was 15...that baby could rip!!! And I could also get stuck and lift the back end up and out myself...ahhh, those were the days:rolleyes:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1969 669 TNT

Basicaly it was an oversized Elan with a big motor. For its day it was a super sled.

Blue rev

Reaction score
My '06 800 Rev. That first year consisted of part of my anatomy "puckering" alot. Kind of a handfull for a first sled. It's very yummy now! Giddy-up!!

Top Bottom