Whats the difference between stage 1 880 BMP and stage 2

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Well this should stir it up! Im running 430 jets on stocker! absolutely no mods on air box or your asking to lean it out. off loading at 3000' and running to 8000'. Runs like a champ. This was suggested by Stojans in Grande Prairie. Oh and the piston wash looks perfect. Why does this work so well? am I running a fine line of burning down?

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, How hell are you guys checking piston wash on the top of the hill??? Am i out of the time heres and should be dis-assebling my sled on top of the mountain, or is everyone carrying around bore scope cameras these days?? Because last time i check, there was a air box in the way, or a console cover :rolleyes:

just my rant for the day.

Champagne powder

Reaction score
yup bore scope from crappy tire on sale for $145 not the best but gets the job done. check plugs and piston wash after 500' hard pull at about 3500'. :)

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the machine not running correct for you to jet it down?? Have tried some sleds with lower jets that were all stock and after a short pull the sled would pull back on RPM due to not enough fuel.
Put stock jetting back in and would pull hard without pulling back.
I would be on the careful side with your jetting as mid range on these things are lean to begin with.
Good luck!!

Well this should stir it up! Im running 430 jets on stocker! absolutely no mods on air box or your asking to lean it out. off loading at 3000' and running to 8000'. Runs like a champ. This was suggested by Stojans in Grande Prairie. Oh and the piston wash looks perfect. Why does this work so well? am I running a fine line of burning down?

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Well in a general conversation with the boys from stojans was joking what the secret mod would be for a bit more grunt and thats what there suggestion was (430 jets). Pulls harder throught mid to top with no rpm faid. Clutching dialed, with proper gearing IMO is a must or your wasting what you have done with the motor. Love tinkering with this sled and enjoy the passion or insanity ... lol ... of the sledding community. I see your from grande prairie. Whats your take on Stojans? Seemed the mechanics were a friendly group.

Last edited:
Top Bottom