Whats the deal

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While out today, I noticed a large group of riders, and one of whom stood out from the bunch. He had an orange, plastic bag looking thing, kinda like a bandana I guess, under his chin, like a old west bank robber or something.

Does anyone else do this, or know why exactly??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
While out today, I noticed a large group of riders, and one of whom stood out from the bunch. He had an orange, plastic bag looking thing, kinda like a bandana I guess, under his chin, like a old west bank robber or something.

Does anyone else do this, or know why exactly??
That would probably be a nekkr

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use one. We have a pretty long ride from our staging area to the riding area so I find it pretty handy.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw them at the sled show....

I thought they were ok for those that don't want to fasten your coat right up tight under your helmet. Allows for free flow of air under you helmet to prevent your goggles from fogging

e20630_824cfb0a48014e57924f3d40c7c0ef46.jpg

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a clip from their website.....

Made by a company in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, the Nekkr is like a bandana, only it’s waterproof, windproof and it attaches right onto your helmet. To keep it from flying up, there is a powerful magnet on the Nekkr that attaches to a Nekkr pin on your jacket. The open back design of the Nekkr allows for fresh air flow. In addition to keeping you warm and dry, the Nekkr is even said to reduce goggle fogging.
“These things work,” said Team Slednecks rider Derek Wood of Revelstoke, B.C. “If riding deep pow is your thing, you’re gonna want to have a Nekkr attached to your lid. I’ve been thinking of ways to keep the snow out of my neck for years now on the deep days when big downhill descents couldn’t get any better, and after discovering the Nekkr that problem no longer exists.”

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the description too. After observing the rider who was wearing the device, my guess is they wanted the attention, moreso then having a problem with powder.

Sure was cute though :cool: love watching those meadow malisha guys...

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the description too. After observing the rider who was wearing the device, my guess is they wanted the attention, moreso then having a problem with powder.

Sure was cute though :cool: love watching those meadow malisha guys...

Obviously worked, sounds like you were pretty busy checking them guys out! lol

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why didn’t you just start a post that said. I hate anything I don’t have, use or know anything about And all other sledders besides myself are meadow riding idiots.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why didn’t you just start a post that said. I hate anything I don’t have, use or know anything about And all other sledders besides myself are meadow riding idiots.

To be honest, I hate some of things I have, and enjoy a lot of things I know little about.
We had sometime to kill, while we watched the group hot rod through the stageing area. By some luck, we ran into them out and about. They were fun to watch is all.

Do you have an orange Nkker, and ride a A&E wrapped doo by chance?? :confused:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope no nkker here and I never draw attention to myself.
My sled has every accessory BRP offers as well as a couple of Canadian Tire add ons. I wear all black Klim gear and i usually find a fairly easy to climb slope near an open area and park on top of it. After the ride I hang in the parking lot by my jacked up rig rocket, drinking Bud in my White framed Oakley’s.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there were some concerns about the magnet that goes on your chest to hold it down. I guess it was interfering with certain beacons. It’s never affected mine but then again I don’t use mine only for the trail ride in and out.

Top Bottom