Whats the biggest tires...

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the biggest tires I should put on a new CanAM 800?? Piped & Chipped.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If you want to keep your ride, handling and reliability then don't go bigger than 27". If you just want a swamp machine then go 29".

When you go to 29" make sure you take extra front and rear axles with you. Expect to break a few. Ive broken axles with 27" tires. As you go up much more than that your asking for problems. You have a pipe and chip and that extra power has to go somewhere and when a tire grabs good something has to break.

Last edited:

dallasdaku

Reaction score
buddy put 29.5 outlaws on his chipped and pipped and he twists axles and blows belts but until that happens he goes accross sloughs.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
When you go to 29" make sure you take extra front and rear axles with you. Expect to break a few. Ive broken axles with 27" tires. As you go up much more than that your asking for problems. You have a pipe and chip and that extra power has to go somewhere and when a tire grabs good something has to break.

I agree, I'd never go 29" infact I put 26" xtr's on my outty. I like to be able to hit the throttle and actually move my tires. I have always said that ultimate traction is trouble.:D

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27" Tires it is then...Should I add a full skid plate and snorkel kit for the belt??

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
With a 6" lift he can go with 32" silverbacks :eek:....Ok realistically I think he could 28's cause don't can-am already come with stock 26's but to be safe 27's are good enough

AC4life

Reaction score
If you are willing to put gorrilla axles on as you blow them then go with the 29.5 laws...they are unbelievable tires for any type of mud/skeg riding. You will forget that you even have 4wheel drive as you drive around the middle of the swamp in 2wheel drive pulling everyone else out. Thats only if you are willing to put different axles on tho, cause you will blow the stock ones out. You would probably need a 2 inch lift as well. Hey, its only money tho right!!!

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buds had 29.5 laws on his outy rumor has it he went to a 30 something i myself run a 27 mud light and have not broken any axles the saying go big or go home just does not cut it you can pipe and chip all you want but you are still running stock diffs and the other stock parts i am sure if the manufactors did not design there machines to runthat big of a tire i myself would rather be riding than fixing (and paying for parts) my opion

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a fellow worker the other day. He's got 32's with a 7" lift on his outty. Say's it will go anywhere. There was no mention of axles. I'll ask him about it next week.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well here is the thing.

some outys had problems with the visco lock not working properly on tires over 28" so keep that in mind.

the 800 motor will turn any ATV tire on market though.

if they fit they fit.. my only concern would be .. visco probs and axle snaps.

I would probably roll 28's or something on a Outy 800.. slightly higher lift from tire clearance.
the 27" MudBi*ches that our sponsor caries would work well they measure about 28 and are very aggressive yet decent on trail 2 of my pals have them and like them (in smaller size though).

If i was going to recommend a tire that can mud and trail with harder rubber for good wear that you can actually get from a local dealer.. ya the mud B's are good man.

Top Bottom