whats the best running boards to install?

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just bought a 2012 pro, it still has the stock boards on, i rode a 2013 last year and i know the 13's have a big improvment over the 12's but i was still having issues with my feet sliding off the boards. my boots are fairly big, size 14. so i am thinking the best thing would be some tube boards. i see there are a few different brands and styles: skinz, tb racing, cr racing, rat sled ect. i really like the look of the baords that are same width front to back and have the kick up at the rear. so what are your thoughts? and what boards do you have?

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
Air frames
One of the best mods I have done
and will do it again on my next sled
sturdy and absolutely zero snow build up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 280

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The TBR boards work pretty good, have a great up kick and are the same width the whole way down to the back. Another board to check out is the VEI boards I really like them and CR has a new tube style out now.

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Another Company is Diamond S, not sure about these other brands but the Diamond S ones do require you to pull out the front skid top mounting bolts, kinda a f' around... Nice board though!

muddmadness

Reaction score
DSC00357 b.jpg DSC00359 b.jpg I am a huge fan of the CR Racing boards. could be the best mod I have done to the sled. I walk in 13 boots and these boards are very comfortable and snow build doesn't happen. Im also 270lbs so extra strength was a big concern and with the large tunnel support these boards are solid. got lots of compliments on how secure these boards are. Also, if you are looking for a couple sweet accessories for these sleds have a look at sled solutions tunnel bag and handle bar bar and skinz nxt level Dan Adams signature windshield replacement bag. sweet units. Had others and I found these perform the best.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't care for the air frames very much because they taper a lot towards the back. TSS makes a really nice running board and are a little more functional IMO

css

Reaction score
Would the wider running boards not wanna wash out while side hilling? I thought the taper would be benificial in that aspect.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the wider running boards not wanna wash out while side hilling? I thought the taper would be benificial in that aspect.

They have such big gaps I don't think that would be an issue. It's easier to do downhill turnarounds and aggressive moves. More board to grab into. All personnel preference

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
Also in the market for a new set of running boards as stock ones are crap.. Any dealers selling airframes or others in the BC lower mainland be sure to let me know..

Top Bottom