whats it worth

b non

Reaction score
so buddy calls me and said he just came home with a new 2016 summit x 800 poor guy lol and wants to know if i want to buy his mint 2004 mountain cat 900 efi 151 track has 2200 miles not a mark on it second owner his dad bought it new used as a back up sled if his t cat 1000 went down,anyway what a 900 mountain cat in like new shape worth thought i was done with sledding but for the right price late in the year to buy but be payed for cash so it can wait till next season might make it to the hills a few times yet this season thanks

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flat of beer?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

b non

Reaction score
why whats wrong with theses sleds never given him any problems

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Especially considering some 2014-15 sleds are going for 7000-9000 right now.

b non

Reaction score
can't afford a new one cash and don't want payments on a sled so just seeing what its worth some on kijji right now for 3300 so was looking at what they are going for i know its old i prefer the older ones rode a new pro at xmas and hated the way it handled compared to the older cat and doos

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't afford a new one cash and don't want payments on a sled so just seeing what its worth some on kijji right now for 3300 so was looking at what they are going for i know its old i prefer the older ones rode a new pro at xmas and hated the way it handled compared to the older cat and doos

it's probably worth around $2500 if it's in real good shape. I wouldn't place much weight on the other guys comments. If You feel that this is the sled for you then go ahead an pull the trigger. Keep in mind though that at 2200 miles you may soon be looking at freshening up the top end and that the clutches may need some TLC

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a 2014 800 for 5300$ if that can tell you anything about the current market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend anything more then you can afford to loose on it. One thing for sure is your first sled will probably be your funniest sled.
ride the sh&t out of it and have a blast....it may go forever or die in a week but hey, we're here for a good time not a long time. Whoooooooooo

b non

Reaction score
it's probably worth around $2500 if it's in real good shape. I wouldn't place much weight on the other guys comments. If You feel that this is the sled for you then go ahead an pull the trigger. Keep in mind though that at 2200 miles you may soon be looking at freshening up the top end and that the clutches may need some TLC

clutches done last season (weights and springs ) compression is 135 on each side said i can take it for 2200 so pick up next weekend kakaw falls weekend after that

b non

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend anything more then you can afford to loose on it. One thing for sure is your first sled will probably be your funniest sled.
ride the sh&t out of it and have a blast....it may go forever or die in a week but hey, we're here for a good time not a long time. Whoooooooooo
not my frist sled had a fusion 900 at start of season hated the short track and use to ride a zr 580 refi set up for snow cross was a fast little sled blow up 4 times before i had to sell it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutches done last season (weights and springs ) compression is 135 on each side said i can take it for 2200 so pick up next weekend kakaw falls weekend after that

Good for you and have fun.
Older sleds it's a good idea to change out the bearing on all the rear wheels in the suspension . FYI

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sounds like you're set. Happy sledding.

Top Bottom