What's everyone running for Rzr stereos

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys are all running for a stereo in your Rzr. I'm looking for some ideas I've just got the Polaris 2 speaker one right now but I want louder. Custom or bought let me know or see please and thanks

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SSV Works, 4 speaker set up. Can't hear it while riding if you have loud exhaust.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put in the Shark 100W stereo - Ebay - under $100.
Sound was ok - but the volume buttons were horribly small and the cheap remote control worked half the time. And it came with the wrong power cord.
To top it off - it only lasted 2 rides. Now only one side works. (bad connections)
Sometimes I get what I pay for. lol

I'm looking for a new stereo for the RZR if anyone has ideas - we are using helmet SMH-10's communicators right now.
I've heard the SSV 2 speaker model sux - but the 4 is much better. (just read that online)

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something different than the ssv as its a lot of money for the 2 more speakers and a sub. I'm sure there's better bang for your buck out there

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
you could try giving UTV Canada a call and see what they have in stock and/or recommend.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bud has the SSV 4 speaker system, it works pretty good. the only complaint about it is when you hook an iphone to it, something interferes with the sound when the phone is receiving data or searching for signal, makes some pretty annoying noises. I went with a kicker ipod setup, you can add whatever you need to it for amps or subs etc. PXi50.2 | KICKER

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
my bud has the SSV 4 speaker system, it works pretty good. the only complaint about it is when you hook an iphone to it, something interferes with the sound when the phone is receiving data or searching for signal, makes some pretty annoying noises. I went with a kicker ipod setup, you can add whatever you need to it for amps or subs etc. PXi50.2 | KICKER

is it a clicking/popping sound when receiving data or signal searching? If so its common on all Rogers/Bell phones, only way to cure that is turn off the "radio" on the phone.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it a clicking/popping sound when receiving data or signal searching? If so its common on all Rogers/Bell phones, only way to cure that is turn off the "radio" on the phone.
no, more of a buzz. it sounds computer-like if that means anything, even does it in airplane mode. I'm sure he's on telus, but I'll ask him. how do you turn off the radio on it?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, more of a buzz. it sounds computer-like if that means anything, even does it in airplane mode. I'm sure he's on telus, but I'll ask him. how do you turn off the radio on it?
Hit it with a hammer. I hate everything i-_____. LOL

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit it with a hammer. I hate everything i-_____. LOL
lol....me too, I only bought the ipod just to use in the commander, I stuck it in a little pelican case in the glovebox. the kicker unit has the 2.5mm jack as well as the ipod plug that charges it and lets you control it from the dash controls. with an mp3 player using the 2.5mm jack you can only control volume. I call my wife and kids apple sheep....they have ipods and iphones and ipads.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

do you have it plugged into a 12v charger at the same time? or just on battery? that to me sounds like its a super cheap input cable that is getting power interference, airplane mode is the same as turning the radio off (radio as in cell phone antenna)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have it plugged into a 12v charger at the same time? or just on battery? that to me sounds like its a super cheap input cable that is getting power interference, airplane mode is the same as turning the radio off (radio as in cell phone antenna)
yeah, the SSV system has the ipod/iphone plug that charges the device as it's hooked up. it doesn't do it all the time, but it sounds like chit when it happens. doesn't matter where you have the volume level set either, noise is always the same which leads me to believe it's something with the SSV setup. (when used with the Iphone)

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah, the SSV system has the ipod/iphone plug that charges the device as it's hooked up. it doesn't do it all the time, but it sounds like chit when it happens. doesn't matter where you have the volume level set either, noise is always the same which leads me to believe it's something with the SSV setup. (when used with the Iphone)

power interference for sure, probably no shield around the power cables or audio cables.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
power interference for sure, probably no shield around the power cables or audio cables.
thanks Tyler, I'll let him know to check it out. I think it was installed at the poo dealer in slave lake.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a complete system I bought from Andres in kelowna .2 6" Kenwood speakers,marine amp clarion,works for iPod and satellite radio.I have all wiring and harness.monster cables to battery. I had it in my rhino.which I sold .its for sale cheap if interested, pm me

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mine does the same thing with my phone, have tried 3 I Pods and they all work good. It is a phone issue, not sure why.

Top Bottom