whats everyone running for a programmer on the 2011 6.7 ford desiels..

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to boost up the ponies... on the new ride , have a bullydog on my 06 6 liter....and a powerpup...

whats the best for this 2011 6.7 pros and cons... or other worthwhile upgrades..

thanks

T

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&S mini maxx. With all the deletes. Unreal power.

Sent from phone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325642598.787249.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325642598.787249.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 331

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hope when i do my ford up in the spring it don't smoke like that uggggggggghhhhhhh i hate soot all over my race trailer

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It only smokes lots on the one power level. Lots of fun if you see someone you don't like walking on the side of the road lol :p

Sent from phone

Dragin

Reaction score
If you remove all the emissions it's gonna smoke when there making power it's a diesel that's just the way it is. The black smoke is just because your not getting enough air through the motor to burn all the diesel. I've been to a lot of diesel comps and I've never seen the trucks that make big power not burn a little coal.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the h&s tuners are about the only tuners readily available if you're doing dpf and egr deletes, at an economical price...... we've done a few already, and are doing another couple this week... putting the h&s srx tune in with afe dpf delete pipe and h&s egr delete into a 2012 tomorrow!!! we leave the tune on level 1(gas mileage) for more power and economy. up to the customer to "crank" it up:)

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the h&s tuners are about the only tuners readily available if you're doing dpf and egr deletes, at an economical price...... we've done a few already, and are doing another couple this week... putting the h&s srx tune in with afe dpf delete pipe and h&s egr delete into a 2012 tomorrow!!! we leave the tune on level 1(gas mileage) for more power and economy. up to the customer to "crank" it up:)

Have you done any on the 2012 Duramax, I have kinda been looking into and it sounds like the HS is the only way to go with Dirtymax aswell

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, works okay...... Really wakes up the dirtymax, and it already is a good running truck......we haven't done any deletes on them yet, just installed a few h&s tuners, to improve gas mileage, and it works good

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pm me a quote on doing it up....just looking for a plug and play right now, just about got 3500 km on it...:) do deletes later dont want to f up the warranty...
what you think is the best way to go..

T

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you remove all the emissions it's gonna smoke when there making power it's a diesel that's just the way it is. The black smoke is just because your not getting enough air through the motor to burn all the diesel. I've been to a lot of diesel comps and I've never seen the trucks that make big power not burn a little coal.

yup,
especially until the turbo is lit, once there is some psi they clean up.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&S is a fantastic programmer/tuner seem to be pretty trouble free. I hope efi will come out with a tune for the new chevs I got it on my 2010 and no other programmer even comes close to touching what efi will do so hopefully that comes soon (please god) lol.

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Running a H&S Mini Max on my dually with all the deletes erg delete AFE intake straight piped, truck gets well over 1000km to a tank unloaded and still can do 800km with a loaded 36ft trailer. I have put on 102,000km in 6.5 months and have had it tuned since 50,000km. Zero complaints!!!! This thing is a rocket and the fuel mileage is great, with the amount of kilometers I put on in a day and month the tuner and everything was paid of very fast with the fuel saved!Nothing like stepping out to pass with a loaded trailer and looking down to see I am doin 140km!! If you don't like it smoking black slap it with some nitrous to get it out of the hole!!!!!!

Also ran a Spartan on a 6.4 they work awesome but Spartans customer service is junk! H&S also has free updates unlike Spartan!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really your getting that much fuel mileage on your new one? that is awesome! I'm really looking forward to getting my new 6.7 we just purchased the ford store in pincher creek so i'm gonna finally try out the new diesel from ford glad to hear you are having trouble free problems with the emmissions crap taken off.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running a H&S Mini Max on my dually with all the deletes erg delete AFE intake straight piped, truck gets well over 1000km to a tank unloaded and still can do 800km with a loaded 36ft trailer. I have put on 102,000km in 6.5 months and have had it tuned since 50,000km. Zero complaints!!!! This thing is a rocket and the fuel mileage is great, with the amount of kilometers I put on in a day and month the tuner and everything was paid of very fast with the fuel saved!Nothing like stepping out to pass with a loaded trailer and looking down to see I am doin 140km!! If you don't like it smoking black slap it with some nitrous to get it out of the hole!!!!!!

Also ran a Spartan on a 6.4 they work awesome but Spartans customer service is junk! H&S also has free updates unlike Spartan![/QUOte

wow 1000km i cant wait doing the same thing to mine in the spring

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the guys has a edge juice programmer on his superduty. He says its pretty decent.

Also have riden in Carrots superduty and have never been in something so powerful

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
I would suggest to stay away from Edge they run EGT'S Very High! And have a bad rep of lifting heads on the fords, not so much the 6.4 but they are a nightmare to a 6L. With my H&S set on "no power" or "mild" with a loaded goose neck (36ft) say 10,000lbs i will not see over 1050 for egts (passing or up hill) the new 6.7 run nice on the low end for temps. But i HIGHLY recommend doing a EGR delete with EGT bung also suggested as a must from the boys @ H&S for the extra 40 bucks well worth it!

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow 1000km i cant wait doing the same thing to mine in the spring

If you really want km to a tank we deal titan fuel tanks. bolts in the factory spot the. 6.7 tank is 60-67 gal depending on the bed length. We also reprogram the truck to the tank so the dist to empty is correct.

Top Bottom