What's a good hand held GPS for under $300???

JBDoo

Reaction score
I'm interested in picking up a GPS this spring. It will be mainly used for offroading my Samurai on some trail runs in the mountains and bush country. I just want something that I can save some waypoints so I can keep track and maybe figure out alternate routes back to camp. I've never owned one before so I thought I would see what you guys have used. Thanks for any input.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JBDoo, Try and locate a discontinued Garmin GPSMAP 60 CSx, they were selling for around $199.00 to $229.00 new, the last ones I saw. Garmin's price was $399.99 USD. If you find a new one you will still receive the one year warranty. The "ibycus" Canada Topo V4 can be ordered from Dale Atkin out of Calgary for a $25.00 donation, or if you are better than I am with computer smarts, you can down load it from the Torrents Site, free. (Long download time, I understand). You will get in the box a Garmin MapSource Trip & Waypoint Manager Software CD, that you will need to make the ibycus work.

Bruce.

Last edited:

brad6

Reaction score
wife picked me up a garmin csx 60 series for father's day last year. I think she said Costco had them online for around $190, but like i said that was last year. Have'nt had a chance to use to much but like it so far, use it on my M8 with a ram mount!

Top Bottom