Whatch out for this company" Velocity Devices Inc."

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Watch out for this company" Velocity Devices Inc."

Someone needs to get this bloodthirsty criminal off the streets.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

all i can say is if you want more performance then go buy a can am or polaris... those two as a stock machine will give you more power then any mod out there for any other machine... for can am and polaris there is nothing wrong with having a piggy back tuner... as its been proven on the most powerful bikes on the market that either a stand along ecu or piggy back work very well...

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

..one time I forgot to bring extra pots and pans to bang on (I like that sound) for some surprise visitors. You see it really wasn't my fault due of course to the impromptu visit. As a drywaller I had several mud pails on hand, (cleaned out of course) they come in handy for additional storage. They were not quite pots and pans however they did suffice in keeping with the spirit of the festivities....there was just a little more deep thud then we were used to that particular evening.
Now thinking back it was an interesting diversion from the norm....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

all i can say is if you want more performance then go buy a can am or polaris... those two as a stock machine will give you more power then any mod out there for any other machine... for can am and polaris there is nothing wrong with having a piggy back tuner... as its been proven on the most powerful bikes on the market that either a stand along ecu or piggy back work very well...

Mind you if it overheats he may want his money back because it would be faulty?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

..one time I forgot to bring extra pots and pans to bang on (I like that sound) for some surprise visitors. You see it really wasn't my fault due of course to the impromptu visit. As a drywaller I had several mud pails on hand, (cleaned out of course) they come in handy for additional storage. They were not quite pots and pans however they did suffice in keeping with the spirit of the festivities....there was just a little more deep thud then we were used to that particular evening.
Now thinking back it was an interesting diversion from the norm....

I couldn't read because I was distracted by the boobies in your avatar.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah I don't think anyone else here has ever had a break down ruin a trip before:rolleyes:
Wow ... Suds & Buds would never get out of the parking lot... Except to return chit....
lmfao. .....
You bought the wrong bike and a 400$ aftermarket fix ain't gonna change that...lower your expectations or the old ticker will seize up.....

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some times you get a dud, I would and will try anything twice. Plug it in and ride, keep the stock in your pocket, if it craps again then bitch.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To the OP. I hear ya. It flat out SUCKS when any trip of any kind gets ruined. It's happened to me many times.

I'll make this clear. I've never dealt with VDI, and don't know them or the products.

BUT

From what I can see here, they went over and above to replace or repair the product, which it sounds like they did in as very timely manner.

I am assuming that the product was reviewed for a refund. And by that I mean it was tested, the issue was found, and it was repaired and returned. Sounds like a review to me. Next step would likely have been installing it on your machine, and IF for some reason, there was as flaw, and the product didn't work then, as Llyle said I'm guessing they would have reviewed it.

My shop and yard are FILLED with products that I bought and then regretted buying.

I didn't return them, because that'd be stupid. I bought them, they worked (and in some cases needed support from vendors) but I then decided I didn't want them. That's life.

If I got as prompt service from any company as it appears you got from these guys, I'd be praising their service... Not thrashing them on a forum and looking like a tool.

Good day.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had nothing but good results with the VDI unit I had on my 08' king quad. But like others said, if you expected it to strap on an extra 35hp and change its name to outlander, you're gonna be pretty disappointed...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah ... thats the thing... vendors like to s t r e t c h the truth somewhat... from what there web site says that these units will do... its not quite what is said there... if it was then these units would put Doebeck, Power Commander and Tune Monster in the stone age... thats the only thing i have to say negative about there web site... mostly the power gains... not even close....

Escalade

Reaction score

Thanks, I what do you think of the Kawasaki brute force?

Escalade

Reaction score
You know it is really simple, sell a product and or service back it up which in his mind he did. But when you loose your customers confidence be gracious not venomous. I bought his hype and had it performed and offered a marginal improvement or even just been a reliable true full replacement ...we would not be chatting.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No my issue is that his staff said she would review a return and then did not.
There is a vehicle board called Camvap that can assist in return of a defective vehicle .
I bought and thought I had a good thing , did not and as seen in this post I am not alone with having this work out on a king quad.
So I now have a paperweight and that is how it is .
I think you mean AMVIC

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No problem bud, however I went to site only after the great treatment I got. If you are told that they will review your request then do not and resort to this level are you going to feel good about it?
i only shared so others could know how this company operates. Yes it was fixed but after failing and being advised to have your own to back up the product would you want it on your machine? Other mods I have done certainly did not need this type of back up.
anyway he has my cash and I have his blacklisted product which due to his personal rant will remain a paperweight. I am interested to see how the Alberta Insurance Council feels about his warranty threats. But no need as I will never re install this product.
The AIC has nothing to do with warranty issues on automotive parts. They administer and police the licencing of the insurance industry. Just like AMVIC does for the automotive industry in Alberta. Neither one of these can do anything for you.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you have any friends at HA.......

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have owned many VDI cdi boxes myself and sold lots to customers. I personnely haven't had an issue but I have heard of others that have but not anymore than any other product. Lyle repaired the unit and sent it back, that's good customer service!! I have never had Lyle claim huge gains, he has always stated that they will increase what a good CDI will. And they have 2 curves, raise the rev limiter etc. That's all he's ever claimed to me. I think someone is expecting way too much.......... typical nowadays though. Have a nice day!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatch out for this company" Velocity Devices Inc."

Ecu on efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom