what would you buy new if there was no warranty

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda funny watching all the threads about x models, colors, free modular helmet, poker hand holder, warranty, extended warranty, warranty expiring after so many miles or dollar value of warranty claims. I remember buying new race sleds with zero warranty and you had to trust your ride or skills. So based on that, what sled would you commit to buying with no warranty?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Kinda funny watching all the threads about x models, colors, free modular helmet, poker hand holder, warranty, extended warranty, warranty expiring after so many miles or dollar value of warranty claims. I remember buying new race sleds with zero warranty and you had to trust your ride or skills. So based on that, what sled would you commit to buying with no warranty?

I bought my 2010 renegade 800 from martin with no warranty.....

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I think they should have a box that says "this snowmobile has no warranty" then give a 1500.00 credit. Once you mod a sled there is no warranty anyway.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yamaha. Yes, this answer may have been predictable. :)

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As NM said give a rebate for a no warranty option. All of the manufacturers can find an angle around nearly anything that breaks if they want to anyways.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
With any new sled with the typical 1 year engine warranty, it only amounts to 6 months at best..... kinda useless anyway, unless you get a lemon. With the new 2 and 3 or even 4 year warranty's, well maybe that will be better?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay with poo... I have had 8 new sleds since 03 and have had only three warranty claims.. a track on an 04, pistons on the 155, 09 dragon and the only serious claim in ten years was a complete motor for the 163, 09 dragon...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had several yamahas and have been lucky to never have needed the warrenty....so my next sled will be a yami again.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800 etec is a proven motor i would buy a sled with that motor if there was no warranty offered !!!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second this have had no issues with claims but if I did I would change dealers and or brands.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably still an M8, but a turbo nytro would be a good bet as well, bulletproof 4stroke motors are their specialty

Top Bottom