What works on the 2011 etecs?????????

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great info, and my 11 needed the same... And yes the turbos work very well on the etec...

How many guys responding actually own a 11 E-Tec? Not many I bet so be careful who you listen to. The 11 E-Tec has a good reliable motor and in a good chassis. There are a few things that you should do though. Firstly mine was a belt burner out of the box. I figured this should have been fixed since my 08 was the same. So what to do. Shim the jack-shaft over to push the secondary out a couple mm. Better yet, add a floating secondary. Next, add some primary clutch weight and change the secondary helix to a straight cut, around 40 - 42degrees. Next drop the gearing, change the 21 tooth to 20. I found 19 too low and lost track speed. I tried the Bikeman Y-Pipe and it did seem a little more responsive but it is not necessary, The stock DS skis lack bite, try aftermarket skis that are a bit wider.too. I like the Powderhound 7".

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be curious to know what is all done to Cory's sled, and what actually works. Its hard to wade through all the sponsorship and BS. Ive heard from some people that the CF chassis' arent that great. They are light, but Ive heard they flex too much and lose power. I have no evidence of this though, just hearsay. Be interesting to get an honest opinion from some one that owns one that isnt either sponsored, or too proud to admit they dropped huge coin on something that lost performance.

Cory is an unbelievable rider.....but it isnt talent making his sled dance around on the last 8 inches of its track. Thats power. Is that the nitrous? I havent heard any first hand reviews from people running nitrous. The sleds I have been on sure didnt impress me. Was it the the big bore? Because the bigbores I have been around sure havent impressed me.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be curious to know what is all done to Cory's sled, and what actually works. Its hard to wade through all the sponsorship and BS. Ive heard from some people that the CF chassis' arent that great. They are light, but Ive heard they flex too much and lose power. I have no evidence of this though, just hearsay. Be interesting to get an honest opinion from some one that owns one that isnt either sponsored, or too proud to admit they dropped huge coin on something that lost performance.

Cory is an unbelievable rider.....but it isnt talent making his sled dance around on the last 8 inches of its track. Thats power. Is that the nitrous? I havent heard any first hand reviews from people running nitrous. The sleds I have been on sure didnt impress me. Was it the the big bore? Because the bigbores I have been around sure havent impressed me.

The sled is a full race gas bikeman 880. And a 40 shot of nitrous with a shockwave helix and. Bikeman stage 2 clutch kit . If you own a bikeman 880 with all the goodies like corys and 40 nitrous your sled will do that. Along with a little clutch setup and a good track. I've done a few bikeman mods now and wow do they ever work. Couldn't even imagine the race gas version like corys. And your right most big bores don't work. Like a lot of 860s they just don't make the torque of an 880. I did a 2009 with bikeman stage 2 performace modification kit and a 3" track. It will walk all the way up the hill like that. Can't wait until its in the budget for my own personal sled.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled is a full race gas bikeman 880. And a 40 shot of nitrous with a shockwave helix and. Bikeman stage 2 clutch kit . If you own a bikeman 880 with all the goodies like corys and 40 nitrous your sled will do that. Along with a little clutch setup and a good track. I've done a few bikeman mods now and wow do they ever work. Couldn't even imagine the race gas version like corys. And your right most big bores don't work. Like a lot of 860s they just don't make the torque of an 880. I did a 2009 with bikeman stage 2 performace modification kit and a 3" track. It will walk all the way up the hill like that. Can't wait until its in the budget for my own personal sled.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

lol and he will be calling you in a few weeks to do some adjustments to his new one.........

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Maxwell. My friends 880 bikeman has been a true runner and has amazing torque. It'd be cool to see it with a 40 shot of nos! It's impressive already.

Top Bottom