What was your first sled?

brucehiscott

Reaction score
What was everyones first snowmobile? The first one I rode was a Ski-doo Citation but the first one that was mine was a 377 safari. I beat the crap out of that thing, did ditch runs, ran the runners thin, and roled it a couple time but she still kept on going.

Attachments

• 377SKI-DOO.jpg
    377SKI-DOO.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 97

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was everyones first snowmobile? The first one I rode was a Ski-doo Citation but the first one that was mine was a 377 safari. I beat the crap out of that thing, did ditch runs, ran the runners thin, and roled it a couple time but she still kept on going.

I believe the first one I rode was a Ski-doo Olympic, back in the 70's but it also could of been a AC Kitty cat..............But the first one I owned was a '89 AC Wildcat 650.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled was a 1973 Kitty Cat, which I still have today.
It was also my son's first sled who is in the picture !
It still runs great !

Attachments

• First Sled.jpg
    First Sled.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 30

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
citation 4500 was the first sled i could actually call my own.those were by far the best days of my life.

crazy apex

Reaction score
My first sled was a 440 srx those thing we a fast sled back then not anymore with the new sleds out now

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1988 skidoo MX470 lt brand new. That was the first year I went to the mountains too. I thought that thing just rocked.
Makes a guy wonder what they'll have 20 years from now.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled which my Dad bought for me was a 1969 Ski-doo 335 Olympique. First with my own cash was a 1980Ski-doo Citation 250 (?) single cylinder powerhouse. :)

weldor

Reaction score
Mine was a 1982 Moto Ski Spirit (basically the same as a Elan) I rode that thing for miles!!! I think it was the only sled to shake harder than my Rev's!!!

Here is what it looked like:

spirit82.jpg

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First sled rode was 1977 TX 440, that thing was fast. First sled owned was a beautiful 1978 300 citation as pictured here( this one is mint compared to mine). Those things were litterally indestructible. They don't make them like that anymore.

Attachments

• 1978 citation.jpg
    1978 citation.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 187

zduck14

Reaction score
I must be quite a bit younger than most of you guys, my first sled was a 2007 700 dragon

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an ugly OLD green John Deer 500cc when I was 9yrs old, my Grandpa used to get pretty upset when I would get it stuck a long way from home and have to drive me to pull start it for me, and dig it out LOL.....oh the good ol easy days :d ....no pics and thats prob a good thing!! (it was sum ugly) :eek:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first sled I paid for with my own hard earned money was a '84 Eltigre 6000. It was mint! If I could have brought it into my bedroom at night so I could sleep with it I would have :d I still remember peeling off the hund'ys when I bought it :)

Ended up, many years later, trading to a guy who reshingled the roof on my first house?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

hey i remember those front bumpers always got wavey eather pipe heat or the sun. funny the things you remember.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled was a 1973 Kitty Cat, which I still have today.
It was also my son's first sled who is in the picture !
It still runs great !

We have the same kitty cat in our garage, It has gone through our 2 boys as well as the neighbors kids and it still runs!!
Our first sleds were Artic cat Panthers and scorpions

scrapmaster

Reaction score
my first was a 79 jag 340 one of the funnest most bulletproof rides i ever did see lol, finally punched the drivers an shaft thru the tunnel jumpin tabletops in my snowboard park:d thinkin its time to resurect er for a ditch banger just for old times sakes

Top Bottom