Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
I'm looking at the mbrp. Can
Or the thing can any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ggb for 500 km no issues nice build, but shes pretty loud, alot louder then on the xm chasis

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
Looking for not stupid loud

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
Mbrp trail would be the one I put on

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GGB trail can. It's a little louder than the HPS on my XM.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers edge has a ggb that is a bit larger than the standard ggb. It's got a decent sound and doesn't make your ears bleed.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I run theThing and it has been great. No codes and no heat issues on this sled (I do have the plastics taped with the heat foil). This can is not loud and I have ridden with a lot of G4's this year and some of them are crazy loud to the point it is ridiculous. Not naming any brands but I will say it again, theThing is running well and it is not loud!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thething here too, sounds great and works great. Nothing beats a hot cooked meal on the hill.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant understand why anyone is putting cans on these machines. completely destroys the power band. etecs dont like cans no matter what brand. leave it stock for best results. if your concerned about the 10 lbs hit the treadmill. sorry but its the truth its a fussy motor and the factory exhuast works the best.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
cant understand why anyone is putting cans on these machines. completely destroys the power band. etecs dont like cans no matter what brand. leave it stock for best results. if your concerned about the 10 lbs hit the treadmill. sorry but its the truth its a fussy motor and the factory exhuast works the best.

I'll agree the factory exhaust works the best but it is the convenience of a hot meal. Can't beat lemon garlic shrimp or bacon wrapped scallops at 7000' ................Mmmmm

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hit the treadmill......you got to be kidding me......I been sticking up for you all this time and then you go and say the wackiest thing yet!

Pass the poutine Frenchy.....I tink Maxwell....he is losing it no......

oldfart

Reaction score
I have a DynoPort on my 850 and works flawlessly. I used DynoPort on all my e-tec's with no issues. I do find it a bit louder on the 850 then it was on the 800's

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled shed cooker can, a little louder than the mbrp trail can but not quite race can loud. 500km and Have had no codes and absolutely no loss in power, not sure what maxwell is on but the 850 power ban starts about 6000rpm and is linear to 8grand, not sure how any can could possibly effect that, it's all in the pipe, not the can on this new mill. The sled shed can Will however melt the side panel, the tray that the pot slides into needs about 3/8-1/2" trimmed off the panel side, i used a dremel with a zip disc, works great now. Be warned, it cooks insanely fast, DO NOT put the pot in until about 15-20 mins before lunch. Happy Cookin

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
................. The sled shed can Will however melt the side panel, the tray that the pot slides into needs about 3/8-1/2" trimmed off the panel side, i used a dremel with a zip disc, works great now. Be warned, it cooks insanely fast, DO NOT put the pot in until about 15-20 mins before lunch. Happy Cookin

I left the foil covered foam on the side panel and no problems. Yes, the holding tray is tight, as Big A says, but there is no need to trim anything on theThing IMHO. 2200 km (50 days) and not a problem. Still enjoy the hot meals and the creativity of being a mountain top chef!

The one thing that I recommend is to cover the outside of the rewind, any wires that are close, and the plastics along the top pipe with the foil tape to reflect any heat. I have cooked a rewind (on a T3 but not on the G4).

IMG_4515 2.jpg

Top Bottom