what to do?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 rmk 600. I want it to have a bit more off the start but not top out super fast. what should I change?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first make sure your clutches are in good condition,worn parts rob power and the 600 can't spare any.maybe raise the engagement a little to put motor in a diff part of power band.if it was mine i would make sure everything is in good cond and ride it.get good on it and when you get on a 700-800 you'll have a gas

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
next weekend im going to make sure they work properly, then clean them. your right im not doing anymore mods to this sled. got to save for the 700

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen guys kick some but on those sleds it's not all about the sled..........

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going with a buddy this weekend and hes got a 600 po po.... figures he can kick my @ss with his new clutch that was set for drag racing ha ha i was like ok bud we'll see... looking forward to it :) :) :)

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't touched the clutches, first thing is pull them off and clean them especially if they're dirty. The stock setup is Dark Blue (120-300 spring rate), 10/58 flyweights, an R-8 helix (50-34 angle) and Silver/Blue secondary spring in the second hole. If you're not wanting to spend too much money don't change the helix, that is probably one of Polaris better angles and it works good in all conditions. Put in new springs front and back, put a higher rate engagement spring say 140-300 if you want a bit more out of the hole. If not go with a blue white (120-310), check all the bushings in the primary and secondary they get sloppy after a couple seasons of use. Stay with the Silver/Blue secondary spring in the second hole or if you go to the mountains try the third for better backshift and change the helix buttons in the secondary clutch. Higgins.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 rmk 600. I want it to have a bit more off the start but not top out super fast. what should I change?

With that block you will have a hard time getting more off the bottom end. You can do like others have said but they are right, the sled has a small motor. If you want more bottom end power you will need a bigger block. Even if you played with the clutches and snapped on a 2000 bucks worth of bolt on power you will be lucky to gain 10-15 hp.

For your next sled go for an 800 at the minimum. There is a reason that top machine sales are in the big bores and not the smaller sleds.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a 00 summit 600 with port'n polish, twin pipes, and clutch kit and it FLYS!

Top Bottom