What to buy

Cletus

Reaction score
Looking at buying sleds for me and my son. What do you suggest? Mostly riding around home haven't ridden for a looooong time.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site , you want new or used. starting to be some great used deals out there. you want long or short tracks. how old is your son and has he riden on his own before?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a guy on the website trying to sell 4 summits in the classified adds,They are very nice sleds and dependable,Check them out,there reasonably priced as well!
catmando!

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Hi Cletus. Welcome aboard.
Don't be afraid to buy something with a longer track. I live in Sask. and rode short track ( 121" ) for years. I got a Summit 151" last year and "I aint never goin back"!! As for what you should buy.. the best that your budget will allow!! Newer sleds are a quantum leap from older ones. From 95 to 2000 there were huge improvements and again at least as much since then.. by all the brands.
It's a great sport that you and your son can enjoy together for years. I know ..been there, still there 20 years later.:D:D

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree buy what you can afford BUT get whatever you r going to buy CHECKED OUT FIRST. Im typed in bold because it must be done. Im a auto tech and deal with this everyday. Someone buys a car then gets it checked out and finds it will cost more to fix it to pass a insurance inspection than whats the car worth. Summitric will back me on this for sure. Get at least someone that knows sleds do a check over first. Compression,belt condition,track conditoin,how it runs and how it all works. Seems simple but just because it runs doesnt mean its worth buying:nono:

Top Bottom