What to buy with 3 grand

sledman22

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a used good 4x4 fourwheeler, for trail riding and mud. I only got up to 3 grand to spend. Am I better off to keep saving or what is good ones for 3 grand or less?

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell someone else what to buy. We don't know your specific needs so all you can do is test drive a few and see what you like the best. I would say you should save up a bit more money though. Not sure how much $3,000 can get you in the US, but here it gets you a piece of garbage.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$3g is gonna get you an abused quad IMO, unless you know the seller personally and know the history of the atv.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
$3g is gonna get you an abused quad IMO, unless you know the seller personally and know the history of the atv.

US vs Canadian, I have seen some decent ones out there for that price but they go fast. Make sure you have someone who knows what they are looking at when you go to look at the machine.

sledman22

Reaction score
Alright I figured I probably cant find a decent one for that price unless I have connections. I will probably save up for a king quad 400 or 750.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find a decent "starter" machine for that kind of money. The Honda 300 4x4 in the early to mid '90's ,an older kawi' 300, maybe a 400 Can-Am older of course. But all of those were great machines in there day and can still be very good now if in OK condition. You may even find something bigger and better, there a alot of people out of jobs and in major need of some cash.

jaanders

Reaction score
Just keep looking hard. There are deals, you just have to look hard and be fast. Just picked up a Polaris Sportman 2002 700 with 1300 km for $3000. It took about 2 months of looking real hard. One other thing you can do is look at repo.com. They have good deals, but go really fast. Good luck.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me personally i would lean towards a 2wd utility quad like a honda 250 recon or something along those lines if i was on a budget. i love my 400 outlander 4x4 but i can go most places in 2wd and if it was as light as the 2wd's it would be even better.even on my yfz 450 if you ride it i can go most spots a 4x4 can go.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you get stay away from Polaris or you will need another $3000 to keep it runing for a year. They make great sleds but quads NO. Thats why there are so many used ones for sale cheap.

TGS

Reaction score
its sounds bad but if you find a decent 4x4 for sale around $4500 just low ball the guy... you never know haha

blumtn

Reaction score
Sledman,

Start checking craigs list for north Idaho and spokane. That is where you will find your good deal. You will need to study the list for awhile but with spring coming up and people still needing money they are out there. Friend just picked up an 04 grizz 660 for $3500 with 450 miles on it, in camo and tires. They are out there you just have to look and be ready to jump when you find it.

Jake

Reaction score
Can I interest you in a 96 Scrambler? Just a whole bunch of fun. Make an offer, it's in the classifieds.

swatter

Reaction score
2003 yamaha raptor ill let you have it for 3 grand has not left the garage in 2 year. 686 kit, stage 2 cams , full pipe, cdi box, lots of mods done to it

Top Bottom