what sled to up grade to?

what the!

Reaction score
I'm currently riding a 2003 vertical escape. I'm finding it hard to handle this sled in the trees and deep powder. It climbs good but it seems very heavy to handle. I'm going to upgrade to a newer chasise and I want the brand that Handles the best in the deep stuff. Not so much high marking for climbing, just something that will get me to the harder to reach places. I know the new rev is the one but i want to stay around the $7000.00 range. Watching the skidoos make it look pretty easy.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well staying around the 7000 range u can probably find an 800 in the rev chassis... like the 06 or 07 or something... not sure exactly on prices... i have a few friends that really enjoy that chassis... or else you can probably pick up an M chassis for somewhere in there... get a 1000 with a 153 on it and you'll fly through the trees... u want to stay away from the yammi's if you think your polaris is to heavy... and then you always got the polaris ...i'd stay away from the 900's ive heard and seen horror stories... might be able to find an 07 dragon close to 7000...

07 rev summit 800 151 473 lbs dry
07 m 800 153 500 lbs dry
07 M1000 153 520 lbs dry
07 dragon rmk 700 155 482 lbs dry
*** these weights are just off the internet... they may not be 100% correct, lol***

You should be able to find most of these in your price range give or take a few bucks.... take your pic

I vote M1000! but im slightly biased because i ride an AC... really enjoyed my dads 1000 last weekend tho... i rode the piss outa that thing... lots of fun and reliable!!!

what the!

Reaction score
I have'nt had the chance to ride the older skidoo chassie (04/07). I did rent an 08 @ Frisbee, will the older chassie give me some what of the handling that the 08 did? I have also ridden a 07 Dragon that was awsome for handling. What are the M series compareable to? How much different is the handling from my 03ve. I would like one the requires less pulling to turn and more of a smooth leaning motion, the pulling does damage, just went to quartz this weekend and my shoulders don't work anymore, also brother RED kicked my @#% in every aspect of the ride on his 1998 zr mod sled. Can't have that.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a dragon or IQ chassis from polaris, i just got a new dragon and they are very easy to handle through the trees etc, i would suggest one to anyone,therrrrrr great.

zduck14

Reaction score
I'd personally recommend the Polaris. After riding my brothers Ski-Doo, I found that I had to actually work with it and if your shoulders aren't in the greatest shape, the Polaris is definitely easier to throw around. They tend to roll just by shifting your weight.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as skidoo prices go, some people want some big money for their sleds, shop around and be ready to jump on a good deal. To give you an idea, when I was shopping around this year I stuck with a guide line that kinda when like 07's - $8000, 06's-$7000, 05's-$6000, that was the better of the selling prices I saw for Rev 800-151's with the normal upgrades. I am not saying some sleds aren't worth what people are asking, but their are deals to be had out there.

farmer4ever

Reaction score
The new IQ's are defiantely a lot easier to ride through the trees than your edge. I'd of course suggest a Polaris because I am a Polaris guy but if not I'd be riding an M8. Alot of my buddies have them and they love them in the trees.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
m8 all the way! it folds over in the snow the easiest in my opinion. It has a low center of gravity from the laydown engine which makes it great for handling:beer:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you want to stay away from most of the "doo's" unless you have a trunk full of belts cause when you get in the trees & deep pow, they'll burn up the belts in about 100km's!!!!;) But then again, the cats will probably melt all the wiring under the hood, so not much better there!!!:d
But if you go with those machines & how much lighter they are than the "heavy"(on paper) Yammi's, then they"ll be easier to tow out!!!:d
All fun aside, go with the machine & dealer with the closest & best service!!!

Sorry for the nonsense, just trying to give you the best info possible.......just like everyone else does ;):beer:
If possible, ride the machines you're thinking about. Lots of guys will give you their sled to try out for a quick ride........... i would anyways!!! Well, maybe not with the turbo now:d

The doo's rip when working good
The Poo's work good on the hill......even the &00
The cats seem to have their under hood issues figured out & work good too....the M8's anyways!!!
the Yammy Nytro's are not as heavy as they are on paper. They work really good & are super easy to throw around

good luck

RN

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO:nono:
is that what you play???:beer:
I've rode them all & can actually give an educated answer!!! They all work good in their own ways, just have to find the best for you!!!!!!:beer:

RN

:argue: ...haha. They are all good in their own way....

Top Bottom