What size Cargo Trailer for 2 ATVs.

Mill Philler

Reaction score
I am sure this question has been addressed, but I have been unable to find it. I have 2 full size utility ATVs (660 Grizz and 500 Outlander) and want an enclosed cargo trailer to comfortably fit both of them. I know 7x14' will do it, but the problem there is with the weight of the quads, it probably needs to be 2x3500 lb axles and single axle 7x14 are really hard to find in Canada anyway. As I have a Sierra 1500 4wd 5.3L 4spd auto w/trailer pkg, I think 7x14' tandem axle with the 2 quads may be alot of work for it on long trips or in the mountains.

Anybody know how small I can get away with? Any other suggestions, experience or observations would be appreciated.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy to ask would be Firefly (Ron).

I have a Legend 7 x 27 Trailmaster. It has a finished interior and weighs just under 3000 lb empty. Your truck should have no problem with a 15'. Well built trailers and they pull really easy.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 7 x 14 Cargo and it was about 6 inches short for my Outty and Sportsman. A real pain in the but. Go atleast 16 feet you will be much happier.

Go tandem, just better all around.

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
I have a 7' x 14' enclosed cargo trailer (Tandem). It fits two machines (660 grizz and a 450 kodiak) with about 6" or so of length remaining in trailer. I pull this trailer with a 2000 Tahoe with the 5.3L and 4 speed auto. The trailer also has tools,gear, etc in it. The old 'Ho pulls her pretty good. I would not be worried, your Sierra will do the job.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I missed the part where you asked about the truck, I have the same truck, pulls the quads great, also pulls my 23' travel trailer with no problems out here in BC, on the flatlands you should be fine.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you buy a trailer measure the width of both quads side by side
Our outlanders with ITP Mags and ITP XTR tires are 50" wide each so you need a full 104" to get them into the trailer
an 8'6" wide trailers may only be 96" inside measurments
Then check the 2 quads side by side but with one forward and on backwards as the fronts are narrower
We have to park them one in ffront of the other or 16' in lenght just for quads
You might end up with a 7' wide by 18' tandem

SO
before you buy take your quads with you and drive them into the trailer to be sure they fit and can be tied down so they do not rock back and forth and damage your quads.. (mine did when not properly strapped down)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you buy a trailer measure the width of both quads side by side
Our outlanders with ITP Mags and ITP XTR tires are 50" wide each so you need a full 104" to get them into the trailer
an 8'6" wide trailers may only be 96" inside measurments
Then check the 2 quads side by side but with one forward and on backwards as the fronts are narrower
We have to park them one in ffront of the other or 16' in lenght just for quads
You might end up with a 7' wide by 18' tandem

SO
before you buy take your quads with you and drive them into the trailer to be sure they fit and can be tied down so they do not rock back and forth and damage your quads.. (mine did when not properly strapped down)

With an enclosed I can only load mine end to end, no way in hell I could consider side by side.

Top Bottom