What should I do to my skidoo 800 engine.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out what to do to my 04 800 rev motor for the past couple of weeks and not decided a thing. I was going to rebuild it but I think I will be unhappy with just a rebuild. I have looked at a number of engine drop in kits (big bores) and can't decide which way to go. I want big power but also do not want to break the bank. Please let me know your experiences or oppinions please so I can make a choice in the next day or two.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's snowing everywhere??? I'm planning on doing my 800 as well. How long are speculating it's going to take to rebuild an engine?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bang for your buck Pipes,Reeds and a good clutch set up.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS CUSTOM SNOWMOBILES

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally pulled the trigger and sent my top end to SHR Big John for an 840BB. Al from the sled shed is dealing with my crank and cases. The crank needed a rod and the cases were to be bored.
The rest of the sled pieces have been trickeling in also. A new 162" 2.5" camo extreme 2.86pitch with drivers have just arrived. Ice age rails and 8" billets showed up last last week. The drop and roll kit was ordered yesterday. Boss is going good and replacing the China seat I got last year with a new USA made(6 weeks away).

What else is there to do...hmmm.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally pulled the trigger and sent my top end to SHR Big John for an 840BB. Al from the sled shed is dealing with my crank and cases. The crank needed a rod and the cases were to be bored.
The rest of the sled pieces have been trickeling in also. A new 162" 2.5" camo extreme 2.86pitch with drivers have just arrived. Ice age rails and 8" billets showed up last last week. The drop and roll kit was ordered yesterday. Boss is going good and replacing the China seat I got last year with a new USA made(6 weeks away).

What else is there to do...hmmm.

sorry to hear that you sent your top end too shr.... his bb are not worth the money and he will not stand behind his product.... i know from personal experience with my kit,,,, my top end blew up piston skirt broke (whatever it happens) so i sent him some pictures and asked for a quote, he said send it to me and i will be able to quote you,, so i sent it too him never heard nothing, so i phoned him up and he said i owed him 1000 us for fixing it, i was like wtf i asked for a quote, he didnt care, no he had me by the short and curlys so i payed it he sent it up and told me he did some porting for free, i dont beleive him and all this took 4 months from when i sent it too him, he would not even help me with the set up for the clutches, i found out this summer that he had to tear apart a terra alps bb too find out how much to port,

p.s. mine blow up around 600 mile mark so if you make it past that you might be ok

Last edited:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa!!!!! Why would you even consider rebuilding a ski-doo? They are untouchable in the mountains in stock form. And they NEVER blow up!!! Just ask Maxwell

Top Bottom