What NOT to do with your brand new M8 Turbo

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YUP, SEEN IT DONE.... FRESH BRAND NEW '03 1/2 SUMMIT 800 WITH THE 144" TRACK AND THE ONLY TREE ON THE HILL, AND OUR BUDDY HIT IT! SAME PREDICAMENT, ONLY HE NEVER HAD AN AUDIENCE....

TOO FUNNY.......MURPHY'S LAW:d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like some people are jealous its his $24000 who cares what he does with his sled seems like he has the money to buy it kudos for u buddy i have a new turbo in my sights for my hcr came off a turbo nytro i think i have the boost bug :)

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like some people are jealous its his $24000 who cares what he does with his sled seems like he has the money to buy it kudos for u buddy i have a new turbo in my sights for my hcr came off a turbo nytro i think i have the boost bug :)

Sure sounds cool with 10lbs of boost !!:cool:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Does not have the money, but someone wanted to give him the credit...
I did not ask and did not want to know what the interest rate was.. LOL
He just needs some seat time in the mountains and he will do fine !!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does not have the money, but someone wanted to give him the credit...
I did not ask and did not want to know what the interest rate was.. LOL
He just needs some seat time in the mountains and he will do fine !!

Yep, but financing a $25,000 sled? Wow one would think if you wanted to go that rich you'd pay for it cash. Especially for a Cat! :p

But yea they ain't cheap, my buddy just dropped $15g on a new Dragon with a few minor extras. But I did have to razz him that my sled cost 1/3 that amount and will still spank his poo :d

Everyone ran into some trees learning i'm sure but I bet most of us did it on a old cheap sleds. I know I tested the mach z's bumper strength pretty good years ago :p

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heck I started on a 250 bravo, then moved to a 340 enticer, then up to a 440 kawi then a Mach Z now a '98 800rmk that I have only ridden once because the throttle cramps up my thumb.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your buddies crash. I know all about those %^$#&^ trees. they just appear out of nowhere and you stare at it deciding do I go left or right over and over again till its to late then WHAM you split the front bumper right down the middle. I have hit mine and a few others fair share of trees over the years BUT never on a new sled.

They make new parts every day so get on the phone and put in a order. Next time wait for snow around home start out slow get OK with the power then move on up to the hills. On a good note BELL was your best bet for starting out the season in the mountains.
Hope all repairs OK

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really cats climb trees, but kitty cats don't lmao. That is to funny and looks like its on level ground. Have found a tree or two myself on the slopes but not like that. Please take beer away from operator lol:d:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really cats climb trees, but kitty cats don't lmao. That is to funny and looks like its on level ground. Have found a tree or two myself on the slopes but not like that. Please take beer away from operator lol:d:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Yup, right out in the open on the flat and not another tree around for a 100yards...

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if i was him...
i would be keepin that hood for future mountain trips....
newbie... gonna be the odd roll over or tree hugger...
hoods aren't cheap...IMO

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
p.s....
i think someone watched to many slednecks vids with
Chris Burandt on M8 T's lol

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if i was him...
i would be keepin that hood for future mountain trips....
newbie... gonna be the odd roll over or tree hugger...
hoods aren't cheap...IMO

He said he is going to give some fibreglassing a try and some metal plates with some rivets ! a little added weight LOL

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what works the best i've found was just get
a old 5 gallon plastic pail and cut 3" long X 1" stripes
put em on the backside drill and rivit...
use devcon 5 epoxy in between...

only from experience

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF..... First ride in the mountains ever, and he's on a Turbo?
I took a guy up last year who races sleds and does pretty good at it and he was stuck lots hitting the odd tree also, but at least he knew his way around a sled.
It's going to be a really expensive season for him, just hope he doesn't get himself into too much trouble and hurts himself.
Hopefully he learns to ride the sled and not letting the sled ride him
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES FOR US TO SEE BECAUSE I'M SURE IT WILL BE ENTERTAINING

Top Bottom