What kinda tires for alberta trails!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as for tires i'm not really sure that there is an all round tire for everyone, very few ride the same conditions, but like others the zilla tires are very good, flexible enough to be a little forgiving on axles etc. clean well in the mud, wear some as being soft compound, i'd suggest seeing what your buds are using, how much breakage, stuckage etc. following someone with 30 inch tires with 26's is looking for trouble. in muskegg you want a floating tire, not a digger thats for sure. the tire for fox creek will not be the same tire for crowsnest pass or maclean creek, the zillas seem to do all right where the suds buds ride, have heard good things about outlaw mst tires. maybe give them a look as well.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28's. I can feel the weight difference from the stock 900's. sure took a bite out of that 120 km top speed!!

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's my dilemma, I want better mud action but don't want to loose the sporty.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had the mayhems last year and after a short time he went back to zillas due to the all around ability they had vs the mud mayhem, mud mayhems were a lil better in the skag, but mud and trails it wasnt even close, the zilla was a way better choice, the lightness of the zilla is a major factor, and in some situations goes farther through mud holes because they are light and they can spin faster and carry more speed

Another tire i would reccomend is the mega mayhem i have 27" and they have a mean lug but are also close together. I Find they do good on trail and kill it in any mud or swamp you find your self in.

Fish

Reaction score
They are some what like a zilla but the major diffrence is the tread paddern which in my oppion is far better then the zilla. I can beat them in any terran except for like a clay hole. Plus they are way cheaper i picked mine up for about 580$. If weight did not matter i would take a mega mayhem anyday

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mega mayhem also clean out way better then zillas
We had two identical RZR XP's out this weekend...one with 28" Zillas and one with 28" MM...no difference in mud performance, but the Zilla machine is definitely faster on the flats.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to try some triangle tires next..... square ones suck, and round ones are no challenge.......

Fish

Reaction score
Now that is the right question. I found my mayhem smelled like lemons

snobyrd

Reaction score
I just ordered pit bull rockers for my xp , not a mud tire but claims to be a good all around tire, 8 ply, high millage, but I'm using them from mountains to muskeg, royal distributors in ont. Got a good slection of tires , rims and combos.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Round ones worked best in my experience. The ones with the flat spot on the bottom suck it.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about swamp lites? They're a pretty good all-round tire from what I've seen. I have to buy a new set soon and thinking either Zillas or Swamp Lites. I've owned both but on different machines, so kind of hard to compare.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered pit bull rockers for my xp , not a mud tire but claims to be a good all around tire, 8 ply, high millage, but I'm using them from mountains to muskeg, royal distributors in ont. Got a good slection of tires , rims and combos.
Post up once you run them through some muskeg, I'm curious about the pitbulls.

Fish

Reaction score
What about swamp lites? They're a pretty good all-round tire from what I've seen. I have to buy a new set soon and thinking either Zillas or Swamp Lites. I've owned both but on different machines, so kind of hard to compare.

I think it all About size if getting 28" do the zillas but 27 or 29.5 i would do swamp lites

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I run swamplite 27's on my old kitty and they work great for me. Comparing to stock so.............:)

Top Bottom