What is the best bang add on for 08 ski doo xp 800

1nv8r17

Reaction score
Just wonder who has what for mods and what are you getting out of it? I am considering a turbo for my xp800 but I heard that they need lots of attention. Right now I'm just running vforce3 reeds and all the 09 upgrades in regards to clutching for my summit. I'm a heavy guy, so... of course I want more power. Who is running what and loving or hating it?

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wonder who has what for mods and what are you getting out of it? I am considering a turbo for my xp800 but I heard that they need lots of attention. Right now I'm just running vforce3 reeds and all the 09 upgrades in regards to clutching for my summit. I'm a heavy guy, so... of course I want more power. Who is running what and loving or hating it?

The best bang is a free ad in the Bargain Finder to sell it.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew that coment was going to come from someone... lmao

how much ya want to spend,? did ya put a can on it? it saves 15lbs or so and sounds nice, no real hp gain but the weight savings is good..

you could go with a 860 kit, or even just the head can help a bit maybe 8-15hp some claim,
any vents to keep her kool? cold air and less weight is probably the best bang for buck unless ya want to throw a few grand at it...
good luk

1nv8r17

Reaction score
I put a can on it, I pulled to toolbox holder out of it,... but I keep my tools in my back pack, even though Longhairfreak might need them more than me. I haven't spent any money on the venting kits yet, although it has been on my mind. I have even started dieting, lol, saving money in both areas. Maybe the head would be a good way to go. I'm going to price it out. Money is only an object if I have to continually keep fixing things. Thats why I'm curious about the turbo. The 860kit sounds good too?!
Any other ideas out there??? From Ski Doo lovers not haters

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a can on it, I pulled to toolbox holder out of it,... but I keep my tools in my back pack, even though Longhairfreak might need them more than me. I haven't spent any money on the venting kits yet, although it has been on my mind. I have even started dieting, lol, saving money in both areas. Maybe the head would be a good way to go. I'm going to price it out. Money is only an object if I have to continually keep fixing things. Thats why I'm curious about the turbo. The 860kit sounds good too?!
Any other ideas out there??? From Ski Doo lovers not haters

The head is only $400 and a pretty easy install, 860 is around $2000.

I have a turbo on my M8 and you are right there is some tuning and wrenching to be done.. but nothing beats the HP on the right day...

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tow hooks???? :D

SLP Head is a cheap mod for that motor for what you get from it.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those vent kits for what you get are sure in the hell not worth the money, I have seen allot of guys make there own. If you have any hand skills make your own. I dont ride a Doo Doo, but my bro made his own and I like look better than them black ones they sell.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bang will be the one your ears feel when I drive past your sorry A$$ on the trail. Or even better, the one your old lady gets while your out of town>
You better hope she`s not a heavy weight or your ass will be buried her ass or you could be past your elbows.:)

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a bid a$$ turbo that will wake it up

Turbo's are not very user friendly on the xp. 860 kit is the way to go 75lbs lighter way less head aches. power to weight ratio still good just way easier on your head when your buddies are riding an your wrenching.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bang will be the one your ears feel when I drive past your sorry A$$ on the trail. Or even better, the one your old lady gets while your out of town>

Sorry you cant pass me and my ol lady wont do guys with hair on their butt cheeks or back.

hopswelding84

Reaction score
Those vent kits for what you get are sure in the hell not worth the money, I have seen allot of guys make there own. If you have any hand skills make your own. I dont ride a Doo Doo, but my bro made his own and I like look better than them black ones they sell.

you got a pic of the vent kit that your bro made?

duch17

Reaction score
Nitrous seemed to worked good in a 06, it mopped up my xp by a few lengths on a little up hill drag, in the deep stuff the xp and rev are same it seems.

Top Bottom