what is appealing about highmarking?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaha yeah that was our group who came to help you! no worries that certificate is funny as hell I like the creative stuff you guys come up with hahaha. Just trying to see why it is such an awesome thing when condtions are so bad

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong i dont really see the apeal, but have seen this fight time and time again

hahahaha yeah that was our group who came to help you! no worries that certificate is funny as hell I like the creative stuff you guys come up with hahaha. Just trying to see why it is such an awesome thing when condtions are so bad

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitley could find better riding area's whrn there are special warnings, all ya can do is ask if they seen the warnings, smile and say have a nice funeral. i am getting shell shock so to say. numbing to the people doing dumb.

so far the cac bullitens have been very close, now calling for rain, should be real slidy now.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get an Adrenaline rush from hi marking, of course only if the hills are safe... Some folks get adrenaline pumping over their smart phones not working... Go figure....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get an Adrenaline rush from hi marking, of course only if the hills are safe... Some folks get adrenaline pumping over their smart phones not working... Go figure....

ya but that wont kill me. not even a chance. evey time you poke an open hill, safe or not. you run the risk of death and or serious injury.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

About time someone was honest. I enjoy all types of sledding and this includes highmarking, drag racing, tree riding, ditch banging etc. Do people really buy big bores, turbos , nitrous etc just to spend money or kick some butt? We all see people take unnecessary risks everyday, be it at work, driving, playing or you name it. Why are extreme sports so big? Biggest problem i have with highmarking is the fact that people place others in harms way. Can you say one on the hill at a time and stay out of harms way when spectating. Ran into the cac avy guys last year in the Crowsnest Pass and they gave us the thumbs up on climbing anything and everything that day. There really is a time and place to do some highmarking.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too old to get good at tree riding, highmarking is easier.:sadbanana:

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's not to like about hi marking! Sure you could die! Get in your car or take a city bus, you could die doing this too... I just get pumped when I climb, the entire straight up and down feeling is awesome, coming down is crazy fast too lol

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but that wont kill me. not even a chance. evey time you poke an open hill, safe or not. you run the risk of death and or serious injury.

Truly spoken words! Take heed peeps, check you avy reports and do you snow pack testing before poking the hi marking hills, no argument here. Death is no laughing matter.......

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first started mountain riding It was all we wanted to do. There's no big hills in Alberta and wow what a rush. We did tour and explore but hills were the best. Ten years later we all had big hp and some bad ass sleds. Then it happened. Avalanche. 7 friends ride in. And 6 only go home. I can count every big hill I pulled this season of the top of my head. Every hill has a trigger. All you have to do is find it. Be Safe Everyone!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll post some Alberta hi marking video's! We hi marked this hill all day!! The next day one of our riders from Rocky triggered the same hill, it slid, could have been deadly, and luckily no one was injured or killed.... Play safe at all times especially with this heavy wet spring snow falling all over the country...

Who said there is no hills to climb in Alberta lol
Hi Marking Videos pictures by macronut2007 - Photobucket

This hill slid the next day.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing bogger took it easy on you guys,

Last edited:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is so right about what they think they like. I am therefore I think.

Is a guy who rides for 15 years in a forest and then dies in an avalanche any different than a guy who hi-marks and dies in an avalanche in his second year of riding?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
n
he nutts where is that taken, sure looks awesome, steep and deep, in Alberta too, man looks like it might snow for the next 2 days. man i sure wish i new where that was?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy people that dont sled asking..."so do you do the high marking? " lol

Top Bottom