What have you needed to do to get off the hill?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last week
20170222_110238.jpg
Had to wrestle this down the glacier and back to the truck.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been lucky a few times by being able to ride out on one cylinder. Sometimes you need to pull the spark plug to get it to run

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those damn Cats lol. We were back down past the goat path on the way to Spirit in Mcbride when the speedo side bearing let go and jammed the drivers. Had to pull the skid drive shaft and track to pull it out. No pics unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a great shot of it but the left hand shock blew up on the way out, shaft broke, spring bent, body blown and destroyed the a-arms. Ratchet strapped in up and rode a 6km side hill down to the truck in big whoops.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know how to post pictures on here, but I blew a lower ball joint out on a 94 wild cat after a rough landing following the awesome wheelie over a hill about 20 km from the truck. Found a piece of 3/8 rope in one of our sleds and tied the a arm into the spindle with many, many knots (don't know how to tie knots so tied lots) rode the sled out on one ski. Not the best ride out, but she made it into the trailer.

olymon

Reaction score
I like the idea of turning the skis around on the tow sled.

Riding old sleds

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took 2 days to get this one back. Heavy duty bumper on the XM ratchet straps and back wards skis. 200 ft of climbing rope and a snatch block. Second sled out front to train it up the steep stuff. Got to trucks at 1:30 AM. Oil line pulled off pump. Check your lines boys and girls !!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been pretty lucky myself, only a couple tow outs one for a blown motor and another for a melted thermostat housing both on the trail. In the group have had to heli one sled, tandem tow one from way in the back of Pukeashun, hand bomb a nytro tied to an XP tied to a wrecked Cat up a steep section but had 150' rope with 12 pulling on it, send a guy home to grab a rear axle to swap into an XM that lost it, left one overnight with a rock jammed between track and cooler and snowshoe back in a couple days later with a BFH and a long chisel, done some rail work with logs for smashing and leverage, had to walk out twice do to wrecking both machines in the group.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long story, pretty amazing though. A few years back we were in Turtle, no chance of ever towing out of there. My 925 tripple dropped a cyl on a climb, without a sound, I came back to the group thinking it was a plug. Well, the PTO piston was gone! Pulled the head, most of the inner case and sleeve was gone and what was left of the rod was jammed between the crank counter weights(wheels). I dumped a coffee can of small shrapnel out of the pipe:D. Anyway, since the rod was jammed in the crank, I thought I'd see if it would run long enough to avoid heli ride(had no money for that) I plugged the water jackets in the case, and in the head at the PTO cyl, with rags. Put it back together, filled it with water, dumped oil down the plug hole to try and keep the crank oiled. It fired up on the second pull, and I rode it 22 kliks to the truck. Just adding oil down the plug hole every few miles. I even beat a 700 Polaris out of the second Lake. :d It drove onto the deck. I shut it off and it wouldn't start, it was too stiff, LOL.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I helped get a turbo apex with a grenaded chaincase out up a creek once. Took a lot of rope, straps and multiple sleds but it came out.

Wrench & Ride

Reaction score
IMG_20140218_181437.jpg
Buddy knocked the intake off his Doo and sucked in a very health dose of snow. Of course everything happens 20km from the cabin at 4pm so she sat the night on the hill. Spent majority of the next day dragging it through a lot of snow i would have rather been riding in.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holy chit man! Can one say you have enough experience to write the book?

LOL, If I could only find some of my old photo's, there have a been a few stories untold....
Pic is not to clear, but it's a rescue chopper that flew from Comox to a spot just south of Revy a few wrecks back. 2 pilots & 2 paramedics
Revy 12-10 053.jpg Revy 12-10 054.jpg

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of weekends ago rear link shock mount broke on a friends Dragon. He had a mountain tamer skid on it which had a nice sliding set of guides on the back link. We were able to jam a spark plug wrench socket in there, tie it in with some emergency starter rope and he rode it out 35 km.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, If I could only find some of my old photo's, there have a been a few stories untold....
Pic is not to clear, but it's a rescue chopper that flew from Comox to a spot just south of Revy a few wrecks back. 2 pilots & 2 paramedics
View attachment 203258View attachment 203259

This story sounds familiar did the chopper come out for a back injury? We had a guy stop and help us out with a broken elbow a few years ago was that u?

Top Bottom