What has a 3 eyes, no teeth, and 5 legs?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know but I finally bought a sled.

I upgraded from a 1997 Polaris RMK 700 136". If there are any tips you can give me about anything on this machine would be greatly appreciated.

The gentlemen that sold it to me said that they have a dpm which doesn't require jetting on the summits. He also showed me to change 3 bolts on a clutch to keep the RPM's at 8200.

I'm budgetting for trips but I was also curious as to what I can do for hauling more gas and storage.

Attachments

• DSC01902.JPG
    DSC01902.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC01903.JPG
    DSC01903.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC01904.JPG
    DSC01904.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC01906.JPG
    DSC01906.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 518
  • Red_Deer-20101113-00020.jpg
    Red_Deer-20101113-00020.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 513

whickey

Reaction score
Get the skidoo jerry can. They are pricey but worth the money. Keep you eyes on kijiji and I am sure you will find one for half price. I dont like any of skidoo's bags so I bought a polaris storage bag that bolts to my tunnel that way I never have to worry about the straps or anything like that. I did take a black marker and colored in the polaris logo though. just a tip and my two cents

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats!!! thats gonna work great..So did you low ball him ?

haha I tried $1100 below asking price, no luck, I came $600 below asking price. I was going to try and get him to throw in the can even though they aren't that beneficial to xp's but its his buddies. I love the black blue and white.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled. I would recommend taking out the stabilizer bar in the front and also get a 2wheel axle kit and mount the bogeys in the rails. Other then that ride it hard.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled. I would recommend taking out the stabilizer bar in the front and also get a 2wheel axle kit and mount the bogeys in the rails. Other then that ride it hard.
What are bogeys?

does it have the quick clickers,look into that..

I think so, 1 nut you loosen off then barely pull out the bolt and adjust to the number for 200 +/- Rpm, do that 3 times on the clutch.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice ride! The custom doo gas can is the way to go for fuel on those. $120 but very nice close to the seat fit. You're really gonna miss your Polaris though.... maybe not! :beer:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are bogeys?

I think so, 1 nut you loosen off then barely pull out the bolt and adjust to the number for 200 +/- Rpm, do that 3 times on the clutch.

with quick clickers there is no loosen of the bolt,all you do is push in a turn with your fingers...Alot faster and easier,hence quick clickers.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score

Nope, quick clickers are a spring loaded bolt, that replaced the stock one. Makes them quicker to adjust hence the name haha. Had them on my 06 summit, def a must. Or a polaris primary, but thats a whole other can of worms haha.

Found these on kijiji.
Ski Doo TRA Straightline Performance Quick Clickers - New - Edmonton Snowmobiles Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, quick clickers are a spring loaded bolt, that replaced the stock one. Makes them quicker to adjust hence the name haha. Had them on my 06 summit, def a must. Or a polaris primary, but thats a whole other can of worms haha.

Found these on kijiji.
Ski Doo TRA Straightline Performance Quick Clickers - New - Edmonton Snowmobiles Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

You think he'll take $40? Haha jk, they hard to install? You have to get that bolt in without loosing your washers inside the clutch, right?

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick clickers take about 7-8 minutes to install and well worth the $60-$70 bucks, what ever they are. Throw a DJ clutch on that and ride the chit out of it.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job buddy, but I am really going to miss all the low-ball offers. Oh well, maybe you'll be looking for a quad closer to spring.:d:beer:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha I tried $1100 below asking price, no luck, I came $600 below asking price. I was going to try and get him to throw in the can even though they aren't that beneficial to xp's but its his buddies. I love the black blue and white.

The can may not be beneficial hp wise but sure is alot lighter then that stock exhaust and also frees up alot of room for storage.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are bogeys?

Bogeys are the rear wheels on the skid what the axle does is make it so the bogeys are on the inside of the rails. This makes the sled so easy to pull around and sidehill. In my opinion one of the best mods I have done.

Top Bottom