What ever happened to Ripcharger?

JONSHOW

Reaction score
I'm just curious, does anyone know what happened to these guys?
The were a company out of Kamloops BC, that was supposed to produce supercharger kits for Doo, Cat and Polaris.
I haven't heard anything from these guys since tentative prices were announced and their kits were 95% ready. (2012 release)
Their website is still live but still hasn't been updated in years.
Anyone know anything more?
Be really curious to know if they're still around and working on their technology.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda think speed works took there idea and just went with cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JONSHOW

Reaction score
I kinda think speed works took there idea and just went with cat?

Huh?
Speedwerx was developing superchargers for AC at about the same time (or before, and now has a supercharger package) but I don't think they took their idea.
They, Speedwerx also have supercharger kits out for the Poo-Pro now.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we meet the gent from bc one day a few summers back, he was telling us how it was all a money issue and he was looking for investors, he said he had a few on the go but nothing in stone... He went on to tell us how well they were working on the doos and the power they were making it of them... From what I remember it was close to 200 hp on the 800 doo engine and was very reliable

somewhat sad when you see a bussiness venture of great valve not turn out.... i also see that with c3 and there carbon chassies

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The inventor secured investment from a Kamloops businessman and they expanded the shop and their R&D process as well as purchased a dyno. They were pretty close to being able to market a kit for the M-series sleds but had some issues and disagreements between the investor and the inventor as well as the other workers. As far as I know the investor pulled out due to his frustrations. I had a buddy that did some work in the shop and I was fortunate enough to visit a few times and check the products out.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh?
Speedwerx was developing superchargers for AC at about the same time (or before, and now has a supercharger package) but I don't think they took their idea.
They, Speedwerx also have supercharger kits out for the Poo-Pro now.

I guess I worded that badly, they didn't take there idea but more like improved on it is what I was trying to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom