What does everyone do for work?

charity650

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has posted this previously, but I'm going to be a pain in the arse, and ask anyways....LOL...Aside from being a mother of 4, which I absolutely love, I have 3 other paying jobs.
I work for a local Taxidermist in my area. I've been there for 2 years, and absolutetly love it! My motto is, "I get to give animals eternal life" I also work for a Trucking Outfit doing books, and cleaning Trucks and the shop, and my husband and I own a 3 ton Picker Truck W/ 40 foot Trailer, which my hubby operates, and I swamp on occasionally as well as do the books for our company. I'd love to hear what everyone does, including if your a stay at home mom. :d

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Love these "get to know ya" threads. I'm a mom of 3, a fawking awesome wife, and I do books/safety/janitorial you name it, for a small custom fab shop in Blue Ridge. Been there 6 years and love it, but now it's time to find a job in Rocky Mountain House as we are moving down there this summer.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a mom to one daughter, digital artist/photo retoucher () and a hair stylist for the past 17yrs i placed 2nd in the province...7 of which i have been self employed that gives me all the freedom to take as much time off whenever i want!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am like 3 or 4 jobs rolled into one(admin assist, purchasing clerk, purchasing assistant), I currently work for ATCO Electric I was just transfered over from ATCO Power which I worked for 1.5 years, previously I was in construction 3-4 years prior to my cushy office life. My office is about 10 mins from my door, I take the bus to avoid downtown traffic, really no complaints about my job :eek:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kids here...dogs are my dependents of choice :)

Self-employed business owner. Vacation Rental Property Mgmnt and Interior Design. Management, Sales, Marketing and Design are my main areas.

Recently combining this with my extracurricular hobbies and expanding to video editing and production :cool:

charity650

Reaction score
Rocky Mountain is really nice..My sister in law lived there...I was quit jelous of her.....She woke up everymorning looking at the mountains..lol..There are some really good riding trails there...

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to school for Land Agent but am now a stay at home mom of 2 girls ages 1 and 2. Once they are in school, I'm thinkin I will get into real estate rather than go back to the land bit.

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Rocky Mountain is really nice..My sister in law lived there...I was quit jelous of her.....She woke up everymorning looking at the mountains..lol..There are some really good riding trails there...[/QUOTE

It is a beautiful place to live! I drive my kids crazy everytime we go down there, as we come up to the first hill where you can see the mountains from, I start saying over and over, here it is, mommy's favorite part of the trip, are you ready for it... hahaha. I totally took it for granted growing up there, thought everyone had that right out there back door!

charity650

Reaction score
Thats awesome....Now I'm jelous of you.....lol I grew up riding horseback in the mountains from the time I was 3. My favorite part of Going through Rocky Mountain House, was passing the farm on hill with the miniature horses...Right at that part of the road, you see the mountains clear...So Georgous!

charity650

Reaction score
I went to school for Land Agent but am now a stay at home mom of 2 girls ages 1 and 2. Once they are in school, I'm thinkin I will get into real estate rather than go back to the land bit.

I stayed home with my kids for 10 years too....I have 4 girls...aged 12,9,7,5
I definately miss staying home with the girls....But...We all wanted power toys, so off to work I go..Its an expensive hobby...LOL
BUT WE LOVE IT!! :d

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We go back n forth on having 2 more girls! I wanted 2 more but now that the little one is 1 and almost sleeping through the night....its a tuff call! Plus I was on a plane with the 2 of them last month and thought to myself...how in the hell would I do this with 4 by myself?? Decisions decisions!! LOL.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We go back n forth on having 2 more girls! I wanted 2 more but now that the little one is 1 and almost sleeping through the night....its a tuff call! Plus I was on a plane with the 2 of them last month and thought to myself...how in the hell would I do this with 4 by myself?? Decisions decisions!! LOL.

Overhead compartments!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Board operator in a poly plant out side or Red Deer, I also have a oil field rental business on the side, which is not very busy these days! Need a rental? 400bbl water tanks, rig matting, rig phones, wildfire kits.
I used to work in the Hot Tapping business for 10 years prior to my 9 years at the poly plant, I miss those days on the pipeline!

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidlets yet but I cant wait! I just finished school and got a job about a month ago! I went 2 school for chemical technology and got a job at Hazco Environmental Services, processing hazardous goods!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I harvest "grass" every week! and push the white stuff in the winter months! oh and if your sled needs to be choppered out in sicamous call me first "cheaper than a chopper"....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Respiratory Therapist, Photographer, mother of 3 girls, a wife, caretaker to many animals...

Top Bottom