What do you think of this for service.

SHREK

Reaction score
I had wrecked my motor on a 08-summit at christmas so i took it to wetaskawan to have a new motor put in. ( The crank went on the old motor ). Anyway I sent it to them on Jan-10/11. I asked them to also put on new handle bars as well as the hand warmers and the Throttle. I ordered the bars from a free ride machine due to the curves in the bars. I got a call on Feb-4/11 saying it was done and that I could pick it up. I am out in the bush working so i did not get there to pick it up until Feb-8/11. When I got there i looked at the machine and noticed the bars are the wrong ones ( They are off the regular summit). I asked why they put the wrong bars on and there response was that they were the right bars. I asked them to show me on the parts file on the computer , and the part is clearly the wrong. Their responce was that according to the part # they were the right bars. This was strange because they also said that according to the parts picture they are clearly not the right ones. I then asked them what they were going to do about it and their responce was That since they took 2-hrs to put the bars together that i was to just accept the wrong bars and thats that. I know that if i was to argue with them i was not going to get anywhere with them. Also like i said i put a new motor in and was told that I have 1-year worth of warranty. I asked them from when does the warranty start and the said it is from the time that the motor was purchased. On the invoice that would be Jan-13/11. I said that means that i have burnt up 1month of warranty due to the fact that they could not put a motor into the sled right away ( also the mold motor was pulled out of the machine prior to my dropping it off at the shop ). On this issue they also said there is nothing they can do about it. It is hard to believe that if i hadnt paid $ 4000.00 prior to picking up the sled the service might have been better. I have a call into BRP canada and i hope they can make this right. I said to them that if I went out and bought a porshe and they they brought in a beetle, does that mean that i have to suck it up and take the beetle home and count my blessings. Let me know if any of you have had the same situation .

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That just sounds wrong man, IMO, you have every right to be pizzed....it just don't seem like the customers EVER right anymore

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you have a leg to stand on. don't let them push you around, get what you paid for!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had wrecked my motor on a 08-summit at christmas so i took it to wetaskawan to have a new motor put in. ( The crank went on the old motor ). Anyway I sent it to them on Jan-10/11. I asked them to also put on new handle bars as well as the hand warmers and the Throttle. I ordered the bars from a free ride machine due to the curves in the bars. I got a call on Feb-4/11 saying it was done and that I could pick it up. I am out in the bush working so i did not get there to pick it up until Feb-8/11. When I got there i looked at the machine and noticed the bars are the wrong ones ( They are off the regular summit). I asked why they put the wrong bars on and there response was that they were the right bars. I asked them to show me on the parts file on the computer , and the part is clearly the wrong. Their responce was that according to the part # they were the right bars. This was strange because they also said that according to the parts picture they are clearly not the right ones. I then asked them what they were going to do about it and their responce was That since they took 2-hrs to put the bars together that i was to just accept the wrong bars and thats that. I know that if i was to argue with them i was not going to get anywhere with them. Also like i said i put a new motor in and was told that I have 1-year worth of warranty. I asked them from when does the warranty start and the said it is from the time that the motor was purchased. On the invoice that would be Jan-13/11. I said that means that i have burnt up 1month of warranty due to the fact that they could not put a motor into the sled right away ( also the mold motor was pulled out of the machine prior to my dropping it off at the shop ). On this issue they also said there is nothing they can do about it. It is hard to believe that if i hadnt paid $ 4000.00 prior to picking up the sled the service might have been better. I have a call into BRP canada and i hope they can make this right. I said to them that if I went out and bought a porshe and they they brought in a beetle, does that mean that i have to suck it up and take the beetle home and count my blessings. Let me know if any of you have had the same situation .

yikes not good at all

martushev800

Reaction score
ouch man! you know when the service is good i dont mind paying an extra buck or two but when its like this, squeeze as much as you can from them! pricks!! and let everyone know not go go ther.thanks for the heads up.i aint ever gunna go there.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
Shitty deal, sounds like a typical Alberta dealer. I had a horrible experience with a new Seadoo boat I purchased in 06, don't want to get into the details it's way too long of a story. I sent email's, and made phone calls, filled out a satisfaction survey with all the info. And I never received any kind of response from Bombardier. So, good luck getting anything out of them to right the situation.

Harp

Reaction score
Wow! I have never had a problem at Wetaskiwin Motor Sports. They always treat me fair and my service and repairs have been top shelf. Sorry to hear your pissed.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would bombardier do anything for you? They're the company that manufactures their sleds in Canada then sells them to the USA cheaper to us canadians. Then when we start to buy them in the states and bring them in they cancel any warranty. Good luck!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i can say is i have had excellent service from gibbons motor toys..just sayin!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
riverside honda St. Albert will be my new dealer... martin can bite me ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
track side in olds is the place to deal with.... new or used and also service with a smile

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell Martin in Wetaskwin about the S&M site and tell him to have a look at the exposure he's getting for being such a Tight ASS! That's just Fricken wrong!:mad:

Harp

Reaction score
Tell Martin in Wetaskwin about the S&M site and tell him to have a look at the exposure he's getting for being such a Tight ASS! That's just Fricken wrong!:mad:

Wetaskiwin Motor sports is not owned by MARTIN!

I recall you saying there is always two sides to a story. :)

Misunderstandings will never be resolved if the two sides do not talk.

frozey77

Reaction score

Was the motor purchased on a seperate parts invoice and then installed? Or was everything paid for on the work order? If everything was done on the work order, your warranty should start from the date of install. I'm going to assume it was not installed on the 13th of January. If it was paid for on a parts invoice, the day that invoice gets closed is when the warranty starts. Granted, this is how it works in the auto side of things. I'm assuming it should be close to the same for recreational.

Top Bottom