What do you put in you Muff Pot?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got mine, and spent all weekend making goodies to roast in there.

Burritos
Smokies baked inside of buns
Crab puff pastries
Spanakopita
Calzones

I wrapped everything in parchment paper then tinfoil and it is all waiting in the freezer.

I'd love hear what other ladies are putting in their Muff Pots.

Thanks!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

NEVER say that out loud, AMY. Ever!! :nono:

I put lotsa stuff in the cooker- Bistro Crostinis by Stauffers are awesome. Leftovers from Zala's rock too- they will even wrap it for you if you tell them it is for the muff pot they know just the right size to make it. Just remember to steal the silverware and napkin to eat it with. I have also been known to cook hotdogs 12 at a time, pull out a bag of buns and some ketchup and Voila!! Lunch for many is served... Lasagna is yummy too :cool: Granola bars crumbled up and mixed with unwrapped caramel candies and apples are just like pie- eat with vanilla yogurt for the "pie and ice cream" effect :rolleyes:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we usually have pizza subs/sandwhiches, smokies, chicken wraps, steak wraps

RMQ-turtle

Reaction score
our fave is meatloaf (with lots of cheese) on a bun.

Attachments

• DSC02169.jpg
    DSC02169.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 282

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Burritos
Crab puff pastries
Spanakopita
Calzones

I wrapped everything in parchment paper then tinfoil and it is all waiting in the freezer.

I'd love hear what other ladies are putting in their Muff Pots.Thanks!

I would like to know that as well :p

Maybe pictures are in order here ;)

Did the smokie thing, but with pizza dough from a tube... yummy and good for you!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Burritos
Crab puff pastries
Spanakopita
Calzones

Thanks!

I dropped the tin foil a while back as it leaves black residue sometimes. Parchment paper on its own is good.

Nowadays I have gone to little chinese food containers?? don't know what they are called but everytime we have a great meal I put some away and freeze it then take it out when I need it.

One example is an elk roast with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy. It may not look like much but I assure you it was tastey!!

Also have had chinese food (ginger beef etc), shepards pie, pasta, lots of roasts and potatoes!!

This was the ginger beef I believe.

Attachments

• Blue River 2010 022.jpg
    Blue River 2010 022.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 282

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The take out containers are the cats azz...use them for everything now. They come in just the right size. Superstore has them, Walmart and Great Canadian wholesale place. :)

Found the same thing with the tinfoil ...goes black and kinda disintegrates. Parchment is good.

Frick, I seem to be posting as the Arborist :rolleyes:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the new can for the rmk,SLP, i think on the weekend that had a holder for a pot built right in, maybe this is old news but i had never noticed one like that before. guess iam officialy old.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
loooooovvveeee having hot food on the mtn!!! I'm with ya Amy, I prep MASSIVE amounts of food up this time of year... I do jsut about anything and then freeze it. When I take it out I don't even need to put it in a cooler; it's thawed by the next day, sometimes even serves to keep my beverages for the evening before cool while it thaws!

I do TONS of home made burritos (breafast style AND lunch style).. lots of BBQ ribs and then make rib sandwiches with cheese and slightly heated... ummm, ummm... seriously just about ANYTHING is KILLER in the muff pot!!

Oh, and for those of you who haven't heard about Snackerpackers yet... Welcome To Snackerpackers. They do a bag that's the perfect size and the same material as an oven bag so it won't melt. Keeps your muff pot nice and clean -and the botom of your sled if you have to go for a side mount of the ole cooker!

(Amy, next time I'm down south I will pick up EXTRA of those RIDICULOUSLY good cheddar jalepeno dogs for you to stock your freezer with too!!)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the cocktail weenies from costco a little garlic, butter and pepper, sex is the only thing better. also love shrimp, onions,garlic, butter,pepper can get runny but mm good. use turkey bags keeps the mess in the pot. will have to try the snackers though.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use turkey bags keeps the mess in the pot. will have to try the snackers though.

yeah, snackers are the trick! they're the right size and more affordable than any of the other options!!!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, well good thing I edited my first post... This is WAY more PG.... But maybe not as fun :(

I love those cheese smokies... I think they are made with cheese whizz, and so bad for me... Oh well!!!

Snackerpackers are the chit, I love the little to-go containers too.

Top Bottom