What do you mean quads aren't submersible?!

Qub3d

Reaction score
So... I won't get into details as my lunch hour is only so long. However, this past weekend me, my quad and a creek got quite intimate and there was ALOT of water involved. I went into the creek, sunk, sunk more, water in boots, panicked and damn it all I knew better but with the panick, the cold, the sinking I shut off the engine:oops:

Took water into the muffler and straight into the engine. Well, after a couple of oil changes and flushing out all the water she seems to be good. My question that I have is if there is anything else i should be checking before I head out again?? Needless to say thank god I didn't try to run it again after.

Thoughts?

Oh, I know what your thinking and no sorry I don't have pics... good thing too because I would of fried the camera. Everything in the cargo seat got absolutely soaked... even wrecked my alarm remote for the truck :(

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guees it depends on how much of the quad sank? water over the gas tank? I would drain and replace all fuel. Drain carb. Check all diffs for white milky oil. If so drain & change oils.

Happened to me last year where I was only going to go so deep in the lake. Just enough to clean the mud off... well two buddies went out deeper and then both headed straight to me. Big wall off water washed over me and the quad and down we went. filled the intake, the gas tank, the exhaust once moter died.

several oil changes later and now the quad is smoking, so I know it sucked in some c**p and wrecked the rings. Good friends atleast pulled me out. Never offered to pay for oil or any matenance.:realmad:

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think they were were made to be a sub but i have pics of my buds 800 can am out in the lake when i figure how to put them on the site i will get my daughter to help

Top Bottom