What do you guys carry on every trip?

Maniac1

Reaction score
Website
www.jurassicattack.com
What do you take with on every trip?
We are new and sticking to the basic trails.
What amount of time or distance is often spent away from the staging areas.
Traveling with family so not doing anything extream.
I know about the avalance beacons and hope to purchase soon but have no plans to be near that type of terrain on first trip.
Will wait till next time in the states to shop for this type of items.
Im asking more about necessary tools and supplys and such.
Don

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire chains, windshield wash and jug of spare fuel for the truck.

For the sled,(stuff that gets left in the truck) basic tool bag that has everything and anything I might need to service the sled, spare plugs, another spare belt, rope, always extra oil and fuel, extra tie downs.

For your pack, spare gloves, goggles, maybe even socks if you don't have good footwear. Better to have one extra layer you can remove than be too cold. Also I have a tunnel bag that has firstaid kit, rope, tools, water, food, anything I need to spend the night in the mountains, spare battery's, and so on.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where you planning to ride, medicine hat or gorman lake in golden?
as to avi terain, anything with a 25 degree slope or more can and will slide given the right conditions. you can rent a beacon for $10 per day, cheap insurance incase ya find yerself in an avi. carry a few basic tools, and a tow rope, maybe a snobunji for stucks and a gps to find your way.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well larry seeing as he posted in the crowsnest pass area on the site the reasonable place to assume that they are planning to ride would be the pass either north or south.... But if you do just want to explore the trails they are your safest bet just a word of caution stay away from the trails north east of atlas staging area as that area slid and also window mountain area is a bit sketchy if you want to go in there and look stay to the south of the bowl....any questions shoot me a p.m.

Maniac1

Reaction score
Website
www.jurassicattack.com
Thanks guys, soulds like good advice and most of these are what I was thinking.
Sounds like the jet ski tool box should work well for the new 2 toys as well.
What is a snobunji like a tow strap?
Sounds like we will give Ferie a try Sat. and the Pass possably Sunday. We are coming from Spokane back home to Alberta.
Don

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have some great idea's.....we carry the machine to machine ( the Cobra )plus I made a handle with a eyelet so we can use it manually.Snobunje Canada- Snowmobile Accessories, Pulling Tools, SuperClamp Tie Down, Avalanche Equipment

A
lso carry the tools, survival gear and the knowledge how to use it to get your self out of trouble when you get in over your head from not listening the that little guy on your shoulder (common sense) screaming no don't go that way......spend a few minutes on sites like the Welcome to avalanche.ca theres a nice online tutorial re the avalanche training basic's or ZacsTracs and read through their info.....not suggesting that you have to have it, but at least understand how to decide where you shouldn't be.....it's not as black and white as one might think.....

Ride safe....

Last edited:

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
A two-way radio is a must in my books. Most folks are on channel 7. You can help or be helped if folks can hear your and vice-versa.
Survival whistle is also a good item to carry. If you fall off the trail and have no radio, the whistle can alert folks to your position.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
extra pair of gloves, couple pairs of goggles, an extra top layer, extra drinks (wish i could have beer damn bc and its .05 oh ya and stupid blow box ) extra snacks with another muff pot packed full,beacon,probe,shovel, radio,flashlight,tool kit,extra belt,and always spare fuel!

Top Bottom