What did you do this weekend?

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got tired of dealing with tyrants at our local outdoor rinks giving out pandemic hoax tickets, so I said EFF it and made my own. Lots of work!! But now we can have family gatherings and get exercise without dealing with tyranny.

Anyone do anything productive with their time this weekend?
d3e91133ddee16f827665f83c0ecb28d.jpg
e8fd2b73605ee7c6794d4e22b84e60d6.jpg
a3a06dcf1caf1f60da49e9a69b63684d.jpg
f0abde8b6cc2170c7687c73c83267429.jpg
e99e8ed3f6abc2316ad009625dfba3d0.jpg

91eb80cd212057845ebb6f7675bf3aaf.jpg

Last edited:

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha all small projects turn into big ones it seems
Worth it. Now that it's done, I'll probably spend a lot more time outside. Which was the original goal

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demo'd a basement bathroom shower for upgrade...

suffered inside for 3 days lol

packed for Revy, leave thursday bright and early!!

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 3 days, I moved from one chair to another. The 1000 piece puzzle chair and then to the computer chair and do it all over again. I did get out for a bit and went to the store to see if ice cream was on sale!!
Sounds like a mint weekend hahaha

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demo'd a basement bathroom shower for upgrade...

suffered inside for 3 days lol

packed for Revy, leave thursday bright and early!!
Sounds like some good therapy lol

Revy would be wicked right now!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sounds like a mint weekend hahaha
Well, I can look at the weekend from a myriad of angles; didn't have to fight the crowds on the hills, didn't have to ride 3 km of gravel with my sled, didn't put myself in jeopardy on the highways, didn't spend a lot of money, didn't get arrested, and didn't partake in anything dangerous for an older person.

On the positive side building puzzles is brain food, walking the stairs (some will say it is dangerous for old folks) is exercise, and all in all I wasn't polluting the atmosphere burning and over abundance of fossil fuels.

For me, that is not the usual way I spend my time. But being honest, that is what I did on the weekend.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding in $hity snow and destroyed my track...not worth the cost. Oh well...never wrecked a track before.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a new area a few of us just recently broke into on snowshoes, and the snow was nice and deep. Also went to our cabin at Tukii for a night to shovel snow and drink beer with friends.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I can look at the weekend from a myriad of angles; didn't have to fight the crowds on the hills, didn't have to ride 3 km of gravel with my sled, didn't put myself in jeopardy on the highways, didn't spend a lot of money, didn't get arrested, and didn't partake in anything dangerous for an older person.

On the positive side building puzzles is brain food, walking the stairs (some will say it is dangerous for old folks) is exercise, and all in all I wasn't polluting the atmosphere burning and over abundance of fossil fuels.

For me, that is not the usual way I spend my time. But being honest, that is what I did on the weekend.
I think thats noble. I respect that. The last 2 years I've really learned what is important. I do not care how much money I make. I do not care what my title is. I do not care how many friends I do or do not have. I care that my family is healthy and that is it. I've spent 3 Christmas in a row in hospital, so if everyone is healthy, EVERYTHING else is dust in the wind. I learned this after spending 2 years in physical hell with rapidly deteriorating health. The definition of learning the hard way.

And also, building puzzles with my daughter on the floor is top 5 of my favorite things to do. Puzzles are cool.

However, it has taught me that a relaxing weekend at home is highly underrated. Because there may be a time in your life when you'd love a relaxing weekend at home but cannot have one. Time at home with family is legitimately priceless.

Almost everything on earth is completely meaningless. If it isn't my family's health than it doesn't matter at all. Unfortunately this mindset is born from torment, and most people think im nuts for placing no value on anything earthly.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent alot of the weekend in our bedroom. Decided it was time for both of us to go through all of our clothes and decide to keep, donate or make into rags. Then we dusted everything and watched Yellowstone on the tube. Good weekend

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all sound like an awesome time

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple more from the weekend. My brother builds and rebuilds old sleds. This is his SS440 he built from parts. Started with just a tunnel. Now it runs mint
c057bc509f2ff48e9b69e192748e4ae4.jpg
6d58fd7f158e0582d82ced80b46cf84b.jpg

t300

Reaction score
Thanks to Manitoba’s fearless leader I unpacked what was supposed to be packed to leave in a few days for a week in Revy. Was supposed to be my week of gaining some sanity back. Now... the battle continues.

Top Bottom