what defines a platform?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the majority of the people in this forum are western Canadian who sled at least sometimes in the mountains. My observation is that in the sled sections snow and Mud does an excellent job in each brand section of identifying the changes in platforms in the various brands. Right now I see Brp having a tremendous advantage over its competitors due to the fact it has the least amount of duration between platform changes and the dollar favors it's company as well. Will this force the US companies to step up to the plate or are they diverse enough in other segments of the power sports industry they just do not care to keep pace with BRP 's successful business model in regards to snowmobiles? In some ways even people who are Brp sled riders have to wish for the competition to set up or Brp could get complacent.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
US manufacturers will always be at a disadvantage due to the Cdn government having a tariff on imported goods. As far as BRP having competition, they have more then enough, and in more then one segment. As a former ski-doo owner for over 20 years, I can attest that they have some good product, but the competition does as well. One realizes this when you put a significant amount of seat time on different brands - they all have their positives and negatives, no manufacturer is perfect. I ride what I'm comfortable with, and I can honestly say that the dealer plays a much bigger part in my decision as to what color of sled / quad / UTV I'm on.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
US manufacturers will always be at a disadvantage due to the Cdn government having a tariff on imported goods. As far as BRP having competition, they have more then enough, and in more then one segment. As a former ski-doo owner for over 20 years, I can attest that they have some good product, but the competition does as well. One realizes this when you put a significant amount of seat time on different brands - they all have their positives and negatives, no manufacturer is perfect. I ride what I'm comfortable with, and I can honestly say that the dealer plays a much bigger part in my decision as to what color of sled / quad / UTV I'm on.
excellent answer

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good answer but I am curious about the tariff. I am pretty sure the free trade agreement eliminated that. All one has to pay is the GST and PST that you normally would on any product.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the exchange in the dollar has favored brp in the last two seasons

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is one company that could not give a dam
what brp is up to
Polaris is already on world domination with the sledding industry in chilly and Russia
and other places in the world ,pushing there sales in every direction
there US military contracts surpass brp s sales by a long shot
I don't care for brp as u can see
they just get the sleds made in Mexico anyways
and will always be a French speaking made sled
not one nut or bolt comes from any where else in Canada but Quebec or other country's
friking frog wagon with ripped off Polaris tec
if skidoo is made in Canada and not agains the US dollar why dose it cost more for us than a Polaris
it should be cheaper or the same $
there ripping peeps off
lol

lets hear all ur excuses now

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what brp is up to
Polaris is already on world domination with the sledding industry in chilly and Russia
not one nut or bolt comes from any where else in Canada but Quebec or other country's
if skidoo is made in Canada and not agains the US dollar why dose it cost more for us than a Polaris
there ripping peeps off
lol

you sound bitter, but should get your facts straight....ski doo sleds are made in Canada not Mexico

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like Mud and Snow to have year end post awards for a number of different categories. I think it would be loads of fun. This is my nomination for post with the most misinformation/bullsh!t.
what brp is up to
there ripping peeps off
lol

Last edited:

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
what Eve's
look it up
skidoos made in Mexico

what are u saying ur bull **** dozent stink
pfft

i am am bitter towards Quebec
why can't I be ??
oh yah the latest from there
some 90 year old woman in a hospital was refused help
from a nurse cuz she didn't ask in French
and that's not bull ****
look it up

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In and around 2005 BRP moved their ATV manufacturing and I think their engine manufacturing to Mexico....sleds still made in Quebec

once again...ok to be bitter but when you spew untruths....makes you look stupid

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry
ur saying it was just a 2005 Mexico experiment ??

i like looking stupid some times It keeps thing interesting

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
what Eve's
look it up
skidoos made in Mexico

pfft

why can't I be ??
and that's not bull ****
look it up

Ha ha. Well, like Mr. Trump who has a very good brain and all the best words, I am sure you are right...or not.

Ski-Doo snowmobiles are built in Valcourt Quebec among other places. BRP is a large international company. see
Gunskirchen, Wels-Land, Austria | BRP USA

Surprising how Polaris and BRP evolved along similar lines: Polaris Industries Inc Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about Polaris Industries Inc

Even more interesting is Arctic Cat and Polaris were founded by essentially the same people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Cat

Thanks for acting like a beligerent grumpy azzhat as it got me curious about some history and I enjoyed the read. There are lots of good words there so it will take some time particularly if your lips move when you read :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
what Eve's
look it up
skidoos made in Mexico

pfft

why can't I be ??
and that's not bull ****
look it up
Hey there sparky. Could I suggest a nice French cognac instead of the rock gut you currently drink when on public forums?

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
what Eve's
look it up
skidoos made in Mexico

pfft

why can't I be ??
and that's not bull ****
look it up

You mad bro ?

SkiDoo and SeaDoo still manufactured in Valcourt, Quebec.

Most of the other stuff in Mexico.

I guess it would be safe to say you don't have this poster in your living room ?

Attachments

• fleur de lis.png
    fleur de lis.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 189

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WoW
u don't like what u read on a forum sometimes
lol
hope u liked ur online research push
keep up the good work

Symbiotic

Reaction score
Comedy, pure comedy!!! LOL
This should be a cross between "How many drinks am i into tonight", and "God damn it, my Polaris **** the bed again today!" threads...
Keep it coming!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah Polaris pro engines **** the bed
some sooner then others
but there still way fun to ride

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting.....................what defines a platform?

I'm thinking the Wedge, the REV, the XP instead of all the BS. This is worse than a thread that imdoo'n highjacks!!!

Are you saying that as threads go, "What a flop!"? I think that one is still going. Going to see the 17 Summit on Thursday. I am worried that it might be the best platform out there right now and I will have to get off my wallet...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are you saying that as threads go, "What a flop!"? I think that one is still going. Going to see the 17 Summit on Thursday. I am worried that it might be the best platform out there right now and I will have to get off my wallet...

I guess that is what I am hinting about.......

Tip that baby over and see how easy it is. That won't be a bad thing to get the wallet out!

Top Bottom