What bling fo yz250f?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Im kinda stumped for chassis, and body mods on my 2008 yz 250f. Ive already got bilet gas cap, unbreakable leavers, anodized rims, anodized axel blocks, anodized engine mounts, anodized air screw, cv4 hoesez, fat bars, white plastics with boost mobile graphics, and gripper seat. After I put a new rear tire, and air filter, and grips its not going to need ANYTHING! Im kinda stumped? what could I do?

^ here she be :d

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
how about u just drive the thing ???? if its covered in mud noone is gone see all the bling anyways

Attachments

• Outwest Camping 2009 017.jpg
    Outwest Camping 2009 017.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 143

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about u just drive the thing ???? if its covered in mud noone is gone see all the bling anyways

Exactly.

Riding lessons.

Nobody cares what it looks like. If you can't ride it, you'll be the center of attention for all the right reasons.

I also like the fact none of those "mods" have anything to do with riding. We know what's more important to you that's for sure.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boys I can I cant leave things looking stock, its just not me. besides I dont ride mud.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
triple clamps. frame guards, engine guards, rad guards, stabiliser.
For some people this is a hobby as much as a sport. If you want to bling it out, go for it. I myself bling out all my toys because I have nothing better to do with my money, I enjoy wrenching and the finished product. AND it's my own. I also don't do it to make up for any lack of riding skills. Over 25 years of riding and big balls speak for them selves. Andre doesn't need any riding class....I bet the kid rides more than most on this forum. I had the chance to ride with him, and I'll tell you, he is on his way to being better than most internet keyboard racers. The kid asked a question, that is all.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For some people this is a hobby as much as a sport. If you want to bling it out, go for it. I myself bling out all my toys because I have nothing better to do with my money, I enjoy wrenching and the finished product. AND it's my own. I also don't do it to make up for any lack of riding skills. Over 25 years of riding and big balls speak for them selves. Andre doesn't need any riding class....I bet the kid rides more than most on this forum. I had the chance to ride with him, and I'll tell you, he is on his way to being better than most internet keyboard racers. The kid asked a question, that is all.

your da man drewski! :beer:

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I guess there are three types of riders:

1) Those who pose with a blinged out bike
2) Those who can ride
3) Those who can ride a blinged out bike.

Very few fall under category #3.

He can do whatever, but if he's asking for suggestions, expect to get answers you don't like.

IMO, I'd do suspension springing and valving. That's bling in my opinion, but because it's not seen, I have a feeling he doesn't care.

Or how about gear? I seen pictures of him riding without gear. Yea, pro's do it, but he isn't a pro. Elbow, deflector, kidney belts, shin guards/knee braces, boots, neck braces, etc. That's bling that matters.

I see a lot of parking lot superstars so I can get a bit crusty.

At the same time as there being keyboard racers, there are keyboard pro riders.

Tread lightly.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets do this the proper way. Hey Andre "your bike" looks sweet! I personaly don't think you need any more bling on that bike but if your going to do so,, maybe a set of triple clamps or re-valve and re-spring your suspension.

Oh, and make sure your not a "poser" because if you are, me and my friends with point and laugh at you like when we were in highschool!

pro or not, it's about having fun.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets do this the proper way. Hey Andre "your bike" looks sweet! I personaly don't think you need any more bling on that bike but if your going to do so,, maybe a set of triple clamps or re-valve and re-spring your suspension.

Oh, and make sure your not a "poser" because if you are, me and my friends with point and laugh at you like when we were in highschool!

pro or not, it's about having fun.

Well said! He's obviously not a poser since he has a bike and rides.

Shibby are you pro? If not then keep quiet. I race MX, and i wish my bikes looked sick like a pro's and Andre's. Everyone has their thing they like to do to.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am all for bling! Some people are happy leaving their rides looking stocker than stock, I am not.

My bike is stock, but for anyone who has ever seen my sled knows different. The only reason I haven't done the bike is my money goes into the sled. The bike gets ridden hard and I focus on the mechanical upkeep vs. bling.

Now if you want the ultimate bling that will personalize your bike, I would go with a limenine.com wrap.

check out some of the customer photos! Best thing is, if you shred a section he can make you a new one.

Now I do agree with the gear upgrade. I know even I should be wearing a neck brace/gaurd and I don't. That will change this year. Knee braces (good ones) are also a wise investment and you can get them in double BLING if you get EVA nitro circus edition. Its always nice to have a few set of goggles, maybe a spare set of riding gear. The new Shift line is pretty sweet and has some pretty sweet options.

What about a sweet bike stand? How about a lighting stator? If you ride offroad a lot, having a lighting stator (if its available for that bike) is pretty sweet then you can add a powerfull headlight anytime you want.

The average guy won't benefit much from offset tripples, valving is nice though if you plan on keeping the bike. Otherwise just set up the sag for you then adjust the compression and rebound at a track one day.

What about tires? Stock tires on any bike are meant for set up tracks. Maybe a set of good quality Inter/Hards?

Doesn't Athena make a 290 kit for that bike? oooohhh $650 maybe?

Have fun

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to step in ..lightly here. Andre is young, and younger riders want cool-looking stuff, its totally understandable. I have no doubt Andre is a good rider, but lets be realistic, like mentioned, bling has nothing to do with making you a better rider, or making your bike any better, just makes it look better and to an extent gives you bragging rights...which leads me to the younger-generation part...when I was young and didn't have to pay bills, and my parents were paying my way through everything I had tons of cool chit, and i'm sure when Andre gets my age and has to work for a living and pay a mortage, truck payment, etc etc, he may change his mind about "blinging out" his bike, unless he's making buttloads of money then do whatever you want to your bike. Priorities change as you age that's for sure, so enjoy all the blinging you can now. On the other hand, when I was your age.. I know instead blowing my money on bling and cool chit, I wish I woulda saved that money for something else more useful, now that i dont have all that money given to me, and have to pay my own way through life.. Just my two cents.. i'm not saying there's anythign wrong with blinging out your ride, i'm just giving my opinion(s)

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
nobody sayed its wrong to bling ure bike only thing is

look at the list he already has on his bike look at the bike itself its for sure far from stock
my point is u dont have to change every nut and bolt just to stand out

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nobody sayed its wrong to bling ure bike only thing is

look at the list he already has on his bike look at the bike itself its for sure far from stock
my point is u dont have to change every nut and bolt just to stand out

I think what's the point of standing out if you have no skill to stand out for? You'll be known as the kid with the "sick" bike that can't ride. I know I'm saying you can't ride right now, because for the way you bike looks and the pictures I've seen, it doesn't equate in my mind. Spending more time changing out rad hoses for coloured silicone rather then changing out chains and sprockets because you're riding it.

I know I think completely different then most people. Lots of people see me in the staging areas and laugh at my bike with it's duct tape, scratches, chips, dents, leaks, etc and crack jokes. I just shrug it off, because when I hit the trail I know I won't see them again until I'm stopped, helmet off, sitting on the ground enjoying some water. They come riding up beat and battered and their tone of their voice changes. That's when I start asking where they got their orange anodized parts... I know lots of riders are faster then me, but 99% of those riders aren't on "blinged" bikes.

I know quite a few riders in many different elements of riding. Even other sports for that matter and the true "riders" are those who just want to ride. It's not about appearance, or what others think. It's about getting out enjoying the environment and riding with good friends. They are the ones true the sport and generally great people.

I fully stand behind the fact that life is a lot more enjoyable when you stop thinking about other's opinions.

Here's where you say "in that case I don't have to care what you think". But the same time, deep down, you aren't doing those "mods" for yourself. I can gaurantee that. Get out and ride it. Have fun. Don't be worried about what blue parts you can add.

Rant on!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to step in ..lightly here. Andre is young, and younger riders want cool-looking stuff, its totally understandable. I have no doubt Andre is a good rider, but lets be realistic, like mentioned, bling has nothing to do with making you a better rider, or making your bike any better, just makes it look better and to an extent gives you bragging rights...which leads me to the younger-generation part...when I was young and didn't have to pay bills, and my parents were paying my way through everything I had tons of cool chit, and i'm sure when Andre gets my age and has to work for a living and pay a mortage, truck payment, etc etc, he may change his mind about "blinging out" his bike, unless he's making buttloads of money then do whatever you want to your bike. Priorities change as you age that's for sure, so enjoy all the blinging you can now. On the other hand, when I was your age.. I know instead blowing my money on bling and cool chit, I wish I woulda saved that money for something else more useful, now that i dont have all that money given to me, and have to pay my own way through life.. Just my two cents.. i'm not saying there's anythign wrong with blinging out your ride, i'm just giving my opinion(s)

And another angle:

The money you put into it is going to be worth nothing when you resell it. It may help with resale, but overall will be a very poor investment. In my opinion (here we go with my opinion again), it's better to save your bling money and use the money saved to update your bike more often.

Chicks don't dig old bikes no matter the bling amount. Plus bling dates itself quickly. Ie: Look at all the Monster bikes, and fake Redbull skid lids.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I admire the odd blinged out sled once in a while but as mentioned above a dirt bike is meant to abuse. Stick with maybe a wrap at most and hammer on that biotch. Change your plastic as needed. Come riding with me for a weekend and you'll be crying once you get the skeg washed off her :eek: and you empty your pockets of the unbreakable lever parts :d nice bike though :cool:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool your jets boys & girls I just asked a simple question. All I wanted was ideas on what to do. Bikes do not get bastardized on the track like I usaly ride. I customize all my stuff for fun, its alot better than blowing my money on drugs like most of the kids I go to school with do. At least I can get most of my money back.

Waxy

Reaction score
I think what's the point of standing out if you have no skill to stand out for? You'll be known as the kid with the "sick" bike that can't ride. I know I'm saying you can't ride right now, because for the way you bike looks and the pictures I've seen, it doesn't equate in my mind. Spending more time changing out rad hoses for coloured silicone rather then changing out chains and sprockets because you're riding it.

I know I think completely different then most people. Lots of people see me in the staging areas and laugh at my bike with it's duct tape, scratches, chips, dents, leaks, etc and crack jokes. I just shrug it off, because when I hit the trail I know I won't see them again until I'm stopped, helmet off, sitting on the ground enjoying some water. They come riding up beat and battered and their tone of their voice changes. That's when I start asking where they got their orange anodized parts... I know lots of riders are faster then me, but 99% of those riders aren't on "blinged" bikes.

I know quite a few riders in many different elements of riding. Even other sports for that matter and the true "riders" are those who just want to ride. It's not about appearance, or what others think. It's about getting out enjoying the environment and riding with good friends. They are the ones true the sport and generally great people.

I fully stand behind the fact that life is a lot more enjoyable when you stop thinking about other's opinions.

Here's where you say "in that case I don't have to care what you think". But the same time, deep down, you aren't doing those "mods" for yourself. I can gaurantee that. Get out and ride it. Have fun. Don't be worried about what blue parts you can add.

Rant on!

Pretty opinionated for a guy who doesn't care about other's opinions lol. I agree with some of it, disagree with some of it. You've got a pretty narrow and righteous view of what owning and enjoying a dirtbike means. That may change with time and priorities.

You seem to equate "bling" with a lack of riding skill, I'd simply equate it with a lack of money or differing priorities. Not everyone shares yours, doesn't make them wrong or any less of a dirtbike rider. For example, I can't imagine riding around on a bike held together with duct tape and bailing wire, and leaking all over the place. That would drive me nuts. I believe in proper maintenance and care of my equipment, it's just the way I was raised. I want my buddy's bike to make it out too, so I'd rather he took care of his as well, but to each their own, I realize not everyone shares my priorities. I've ridden with everything from guys on clapped out 80's RM250s to guys on bikes with well over $12,000 into them, doesn't seem to be a whole lot of correlation to riding skill, but the important thing is, they all enjoy riding and owning their bikes. I don't form an opinion about a guy's riding skill when I look at his bike in the back of his truck, I'd rarely be right.

I'll freely admit to being an average rider at best, but my bike is pretty tricked out. I try to get out and ride as much as I can, I love it, but I don't always have the time. Getting out to Maclean or the like on a regular basis just isn't always in the cards.

I also really enjoying the wrenching side of bikes and sleds. Doing some maintenance or spending an evening in the garage throwing on some bling or performance mods is often the only chance I get to spend some quality time with the bike, and I really enjoy it. IDoes that make me less of a rider? All the aftermarket stuff isn't a great investment that's for sure, but compared to blowing it on beer and cigarettes, or worse, golf and expensive vacations, it's a pretty good deal and cheap entertainment, especially if you can readily afford it. Can you go to far? Of course, it's just like anything else, it's best done within reason and moderation.

Don't be so quick to judge others, I find it never ends well.

Waxy

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bike looks sick already. I think you ride track, if not get some barkbusters and a skid plate on that thing. Best mod for the money hands down is getting the suspension setup for your weight and riding style. It'll shave more time off a lap than anything besides seat time!

Top Bottom